1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problems transferring pictures to computer, any way to do mass storage?

Hi everybody I have my note 2 connected to my computer it can iether do a camera mode or a MTP media player. Both don't let me transfer files from the note to my computer and vice versa. Is there a way to get it to perform like a hard drive?
    Last edited by Kevin O'Quinn; 09-26-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: USB hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Menthu View Post
    Hi everybody I have my note 2 connected to my computer it can iether do a camera mode or a MTP media player. Both don't let me transfer files from the note to my computer and vice versa. Is there a way to get it to perform like a hard drive?
    MTP (or Media Transfer Protocol) should allow Windows to recognize your device and import the photos. Alternatively, you should still be able to browse to the local storage on your device when connected to Windows and copy/paste the pics over. I've done it in Explorer with my One and Nexus 7 many times.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Default Re: problems transferring pictures to computer, any way to do mass storage?

Use Kies Air to transfer your files wirelessly

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: problems transferring pictures to computer, any way to do mass storage?

Is Kies really that good? I think its janky compared to the way I used to do it where it was recognized as a hard drive. I also want to transfer more than pictures. I have dropbox but thats a pain (especially since my work comp hates it)

Tried kies with no luck. Really wonky. I just plug into my PC with a USB cable and you can move/copy the files very quickly.

Posted via Android Central App