Note 2 owner on the edge - sprint not recognizing ESN
I returned the phone I was having issues with (antenna and charging port) and bought another BRAND NEW, NEVER USED Note 2 on the sprint network.
Everything looked great, but I noticed on boot up I had a start up and splash screen for Samsung but not Sprint.
I just logged on to Sprint to activate and it says it does not recognize my DEC or HEX number. I checked several different ESN sites and they all say yes, clean ESN on Sprint network.
Called customer service but can't get any straight answers.
Anyone have any suggestions before I snap? How could I have purchased two bad devices in a row? That's nuts!!
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-19-2013, 06:45 PM #2
- 10-19-2013, 06:48 PM #3
- 10-21-2013, 01:05 AM #4
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM #5
- 337 Posts
Re: Note 2 owner on the edge - sprint not recognizing ESN
Sounds to me like a Sprint Refurbished that they didn't test and relabeled as brand new. I've had it happen with an s3 that was "brand new" they didn't do a good job refurbishing it because it was rooted... So take it to them and make them do it or make them give you a new one and start it right there. I've dealt with to much Sprint bs to not know how they are trying to do you wrong.
Sent from Xperia Note
- By ulrichs in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartwatchReplies: 10Last Post: 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM
- By mrscaston30 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2013, 09:10 PM
- By dawitm in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-20-2013, 06:57 AM
- By TheDoctor 46 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2013, 01:45 AM
- By Zogundar in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2013, 01:34 AM