Sprint Note 2: After 4.3 Update; can't add multiple lock screen widgets

bgruber17

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten my 4.3 update, and one of the things I was excited to finally have was lock screen widgets, but I have found that the options that are in the S4, for multiple widgets, they aren't there for for the Note II after the 4.3 update. Has anyone else seen the same thing? Or attempted this? :-!

Last edited by a moderator:

bgruber17

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: After 4.3 Update; can't add multiple lock screen widgets

never mind. problem solved.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Jnug70

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Im curious what town you from for update. Im from Las Vegas and no update

Posted via Android Central App

zaydabarber

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm still waiting on my update from att.

"AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2"

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Zaydabarber...why are you spending more time on the Sprint page then ATT. You getting the upgrade or not getting it has nothing to do with our Sprint devices. Im guessing you may have Sprint envy?

Posted via Android Central App

mlctulsa

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

How did you solve this problem?

mlctulsa

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

never mind. problem solved.

How did you solve this problem? I am not seeing any of the Note 3 new features on this 4.3 update.

bgruber17

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

How did you solve this problem? I am not seeing any of the Note 3 new features on this 4.3 update.

When on the lock screen, put your first her on the "personal message /clock" and slide to the right. You should see the "plus" button like on any other device that allows for lock screen widgets. I am only disappointed that I can't slide to the left for quick access to the camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

kazmifar

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm from Toronto on the Rogers Network and updated my GN2 to 4.3.

Here are the issues i've encountered thus far:
- I can't find any option to add widgets to the lock screen. In fact, I've lost my shortcuts on the bottom of my lockscreen.
- Several of the options in Lockscreen such Multiple Widgets, Lock screen Widgets, and Shortcuts are all grayed out and can't be turned on
- My battery is dying at a horrid rate, even after using the power save mode and juice defender.
- The gallery is now showing items much larger than before which reduces the number of columns
- The text messaging app is also much larger, so you can't see some of the message without scrolling if it's long
- The phone lags quite a lot even though I have the Clean Master app which clears my ram every time I unlock my phone.

This is all after a few hours of playing with it. So far.. i'm not impressed at all!

If anyone has any suggestions to the above mentioned issues, i'm open to it!

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

As far as lock screen goes: settings>My device>Home screen mode>make sure you're on Standard mode and that will allow apps and widgets on lock screen. To get to widget set up from lock screen swipe right on clock area to add a widget. Hope that helps.

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

As far as gallery goes a simple gesture of pinching in will make them smaller and 3 rows instead of 2 large rows.

kazmifar

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

As far as lock screen goes: settings>My device>Home screen mode>make sure you're on Standard mode and that will allow apps and widgets on lock screen. To get to widget set up from lock screen swipe right on clock area to add a widget. Hope that helps.

Awesome, Thanks!

I'm still experiencing lag and issues with the size, but shortcuts on the lockscreen were key for me, so I appreciate the help!

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

As far as texts go: go to messaging>menu>settings>check Use the volume key. Now when in a text you can use volume control to make it larger or smaller.

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Not sure what that clean master app is but remember when you add apps that do exactly what is already built into your phone it can cause a conflict and drain battery. For clearing my ram I just: from home screen hold home button>Pie chart to left>slide to ram>clear. So that clean master would really be unnecessary app to me.

sara 21st

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what that clean master app is but remember when you add apps that do exactly what is already built into your phone it can cause a conflict and drain battery. For clearing my ram I just: from home screen hold home button>Pie chart to left>slide to ram>clear. So that clean master would really be unnecessary app to me.

sara 21st

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Help i have updated my phone this morning to 4.3 and now I can't find the side bar for multiscreen function. Wherecan I find it?????

wjmdc4

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

When I receive a message on my lock screen, I press it and a empty box appears below it. Is the message supposed to go there or is it for swiping ? Is a messaging widget supposed to be added ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance