Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Sprint Note 2: After 4.3 Update; can't add multiple lock screen widgets

I've gotten my 4.3 update, and one of the things I was excited to finally have was lock screen widgets, but I have found that the options that are in the S4, for multiple widgets, they aren't there for for the Note II after the 4.3 update. Has anyone else seen the same thing? Or attempted this?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 06:57 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Re: After 4.3 Update; can't add multiple lock screen widgets

never mind. problem solved.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Im curious what town you from for update. Im from Las Vegas and no update

Posted via Android Central App

I'm still waiting on my update from att.

"AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2"

Zaydabarber...why are you spending more time on the Sprint page then ATT. You getting the upgrade or not getting it has nothing to do with our Sprint devices. Im guessing you may have Sprint envy?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

How did you solve this problem?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bgruber17 View Post
    never mind. problem solved.

How did you solve this problem? I am not seeing any of the Note 3 new features on this 4.3 update.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlctulsa View Post
    How did you solve this problem? I am not seeing any of the Note 3 new features on this 4.3 update.
    When on the lock screen, put your first her on the "personal message /clock" and slide to the right. You should see the "plus" button like on any other device that allows for lock screen widgets. I am only disappointed that I can't slide to the left for quick access to the camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I'm from Toronto on the Rogers Network and updated my GN2 to 4.3.

Here are the issues i've encountered thus far:
    - I can't find any option to add widgets to the lock screen. In fact, I've lost my shortcuts on the bottom of my lockscreen.
    - Several of the options in Lockscreen such Multiple Widgets, Lock screen Widgets, and Shortcuts are all grayed out and can't be turned on
    - My battery is dying at a horrid rate, even after using the power save mode and juice defender.
    - The gallery is now showing items much larger than before which reduces the number of columns
    - The text messaging app is also much larger, so you can't see some of the message without scrolling if it's long
    - The phone lags quite a lot even though I have the Clean Master app which clears my ram every time I unlock my phone.

This is all after a few hours of playing with it. So far.. i'm not impressed at all!

If anyone has any suggestions to the above mentioned issues, i'm open to it!

As far as lock screen goes: settings>My device>Home screen mode>make sure you're on Standard mode and that will allow apps and widgets on lock screen. To get to widget set up from lock screen swipe right on clock area to add a widget. Hope that helps.
    Thanked by 2:
    Shafe75 likes this.

As far as gallery goes a simple gesture of pinching in will make them smaller and 3 rows instead of 2 large rows.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboo21 View Post
    As far as lock screen goes: settings>My device>Home screen mode>make sure you're on Standard mode and that will allow apps and widgets on lock screen. To get to widget set up from lock screen swipe right on clock area to add a widget. Hope that helps.
    Awesome, Thanks!

I'm still experiencing lag and issues with the size, but shortcuts on the lockscreen were key for me, so I appreciate the help!

As far as texts go: go to messaging>menu>settings>check Use the volume key. Now when in a text you can use volume control to make it larger or smaller.

Not sure what that clean master app is but remember when you add apps that do exactly what is already built into your phone it can cause a conflict and drain battery. For clearing my ram I just: from home screen hold home button>Pie chart to left>slide to ram>clear. So that clean master would really be unnecessary app to me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboo21 View Post
    Not sure what that clean master app is but remember when you add apps that do exactly what is already built into your phone it can cause a conflict and drain battery. For clearing my ram I just: from home screen hold home button>Pie chart to left>slide to ram>clear. So that clean master would really be unnecessary app to me.

Help i have updated my phone this morning to 4.3 and now I can't find the side bar for multiscreen function. Wherecan I find it?????

Press and hold the back button

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sara 21st View Post
    Thank you
    Welcome

When I receive a message on my lock screen, I press it and a empty box appears below it. Is the message supposed to go there or is it for swiping ? Is a messaging widget supposed to be added ?

Quote Originally Posted by wjmdc4 View Post
    When I receive a message on my lock screen, I press it and a empty box appears below it. Is the message supposed to go there or is it for swiping ? Is a messaging widget supposed to be added ?
    I was wondering the same thing. This feature has me confused. I've been trying to figure out it's purpose

I still can not add camera to lock screen, any idea why my Multiple Widget on s4 mini is grayed out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Note 2: After 4.3 Update; can't add multiple lock screen widgets-s4-mini.png  

I've been waiting patiently to receive the OTA update, after reading a few posts from those that have installed it, I'm thinking I'll pass. My Note runs very well on 4.1.2 I was really looking fwd to some of the note 3 features but I'd rather not deal with the reported issues. There are obviously several issues with this update which is why it's been delayed several times and is taking forever to reach subscribers. Thanks for the input from those that have installed it.

Anyone else having issues with their Push Email?

My email is no longer syncing with the stock email client on the phone and I have to manually retrieve emails each time.

Every time I try to go to the next page on my home screen it keeps saying my touch wiz has stopped and it brings up the last app I was using. Is anyone else having this problem and is there anything I can do to fix it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast