Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By glenninduluth
  • 1 Post By glenninduluth
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it worth upgrading to 4.3?

I've been reading about the battery life becoming horrible and overall it seems like people just don't enjoy the upgrade. Should I wait for a 4.3.2 fix or maybe just skip 4.3 since it's apparently bad?

Default Re: Is it worth upgrading to 4.3?

Just skip 4.3 its horrible
    If I helped hit that thanks button
    Thanked by:

I've had no problems with it at all.

Unfortunately, the update to 4.3 IS buggy. Meaning that different problems are presented to different users. For me, my phone doesn't recognize my 32gb card, its a little sluggish, and I have to press the home button twice (sometimes) for it to function. All was perfect before the update, this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by redmarble View Post
    Unfortunately, the update to 4.3 IS buggy. Meaning that different problems are presented to different users. For me, my phone doesn't recognize my 32gb card, its a little sluggish, and I have to press the home button twice (sometimes) for it to function. All was perfect before the update, this Saturday.
    S voice is the problem with home button. Turn on svoice then hit menu then settings turn off Open via the home button. It speeds up home button response then.

I've had it for two weeks and have had zero problems. No bugs, no sluggishness and my battery life has a noticeable improvement. Much like anything, the people you here from on a forum are the ones having issues. You hear less from what is probably the majority that are having no issues simply because, well, let's face it, they're having no issues. They have nothing to come to this forum to complain about:-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

My sd card reads so slow when connected to my computer now but other than that, I haven't noticed anything else (only got the update today) that's not working properly.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

That sure would be a temporary solution. But, I shouldn't need to do this if all was normal.

Quote Originally Posted by glenninduluth View Post
    I've had it for two weeks and have had zero problems. No bugs, no sluggishness and my battery life has a noticeable improvement. Much like anything, the people you here from on a forum are the ones having issues. You hear less from what is probably the majority that are having no issues simply because, well, let's face it, they're having no issues. They have nothing to come to this forum to complain about:-)

Good for you that your phone is working perfect after the update. If you read elsewhere the update IS buggy. You just proved it! As, it's working with "zero" problems for you. That's not the case for me or others.
    You think that every user that has problems will come to this forum (or others) to complain or inquire about a solution? I'm sure if your mother had issues, she probably wouldn't know what os she was running, let alone what a forum is!

Missing my point completey. If 1,000 people get the download, yet only some have an issue, who do you think is more likely to be on the forums? Those with no issue are far less likely to be here looking for advise. So, when I see a handful of people telling others to stay away from the update simply because they have an issue with it (and I have no doubt they do), then they give others the impressionion everyone has problems with it. I was simply trying to point out that not all that have it have a problem. In fact, considering the number of Note 2's that are out there and the number of forum members, its safe to say the majority have had no problems.

Last edited by glenninduluth; 12-16-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Jermaine Gray likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

If I update to 4.3 and don't like it, is it easy for me to revert? (my phone isn't rooted.)

Quote Originally Posted by glenninduluth View Post
    Missing my point completey. If 1,000 get the download, yet only some have an issue, who do you think is more likely to be on the forums? Those with no issue are far less likely to be here looking for advise. So, when I see a handful of people telling others to stay away from the update simply because they have an issue with it (and I have no doubt they do), then they give others the impressionion everyone has problems with it. I was simply trying to point out that not all that have it have a problem. In fact, considering the number of Note 2's that are out there and the number of forum members, its safe to say the majority have had no problems.

Ok, so you are basing your deductions on forum member numbers? Wow. Dude, even the Apple iOS7 was buggy.

I'm not advocating to forgo update. I'm just stating my problems. Anyone can update if they wish, just as I did. I'm just telling OP what happened to me when I updated.

As you should. But much like yourself, those of us who have had no problems are only telling the OP how it went for us. Or are we not allowed to speak up if we don't have probablems with the update? Not trying to argue, just making a point that the update can't be totally flawed if not everyone is having problems.

Thanked by:
    Jermaine Gray likes this.

Mine was a little buggy and I think factory reset helped

Posted via Android Central App

I hate it. Freezing things up. Swipe text became virtually unusable. Battery life. Listen to those who say don't. Or come back and join us as we lament our fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kimble1 View Post
    I hate it. Freezing things up. Swipe text became virtually unusable. Battery life. Listen to those who say don't. Or come back and join us as we lament our fate.
    Did you do a factory reset?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

Who has done a factory reset after they got the update and noticed an improvement. My note2 is sluggish and the UI hangs up sometimes. My battery has been good though.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You all should consider SlimBeans ROM or CM. In my experience both work exceedingly well.

Optimus G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

Here's my theory. As phones get upgraded they get more powerful processors in them. I feel these higher jellybean updates require a more powerful processor and that is why the lower model phones sometimes struggles to keep up with it.

my battery life is horrible now and I have no idea why my phone takes so long to fully charge, even when turned off. I hope they fix that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGhost View Post
    Here's my theory. As phones get upgraded they get more powerful processors in them. I feel these higher jellybean updates require a more powerful processor and that is why the lower model phones sometimes struggles to keep up with it.

The only issue I see with that theory is, the OS is based on the available hardware at the time. These note 2s are DEFINITELY not far off the first nexus device to run jellybean.

Also if you look to a phone like the htc hd2 I believe is the name, you'll find a lovely community of people who actually are running 4.4 on it with little to no issue. That's even scarier considering that's a windows phone from a few years back now running a completely differnet OS on what I personally believe to be outdated hardware.

Just my personal thoughts though. You could very well be right and maybe I'm thinking to hard about this but I'm pretty sure the phones we all carry around are designed to be updated at LEAST one OS version above It's starting point. Be it gingerbread to ICS or ICS to jellybean. Or even ICS to the new Kit Kat. There's no way they don't think about these things.

Sent from Xperia Note