1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I Stop the update notification?

OK, I've been reading about the 4.3 update and decided that I don't want it and will wait until the other update comes to correct the issues. Problem is, I keep getting that notification to install the update. Is there a way I can decline the offer and make this stop? The only option close to this I given is to install later and I really don't want to have ro choose this option every time I look at my phone.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

Default Re: How can I Stop the update notification?

Had the same situation. I refuse to install 4.3. Pull down the notification-Long press it-then it gives you the option to get rid of it (cant remember the exact option as I don't have it anymore) this should give you about a week before you begin to see the notification again and then just repeat. Hope this helps
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How can I Stop the update notification?

Thanks I chose the clear data option after the Long press. I'll see if that works for awhile.
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer