Display is broken, passcode is on - How to retrieve data?

jtd200

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
So my display went out during my vacation, and a lot of irreplaceable photos were on it. Unfortunately, with the passcode on, explorer won't let me see access any of them, even though the phone does still come on. Is there any way for me to retrieve my data from it (specifically the photos), now, without paying to replace the display (which apparently costs more than replacing the entire phone through insurance)?

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So my display went out during my vacation, and a lot of irreplaceable photos were on it. Unfortunately, with the passcode on, explorer won't let me see access any of them, even though the phone does still come on. Is there any way for me to retrieve my data from it (specifically the photos), now, without paying to replace the display (which apparently costs more than replacing the entire phone through insurance)?
Your photos should be saved to your SD card. Pull it out and put it in a different device and see. I back everything up to Dropbox so I don't have this situation.

mirokusan1

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
how about going to a corp sprint store and requesting to move data from internal storage to a usb flash drive? they have a device called cellebrite which you can connect and enter you lock code. if its a gesture unlock then you're sol.