WIFI doesn't work after 4.3 update

Halucin8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I received the 4.3 update 2 days ago. So far the only problem i have is no WIFI at all. I have rebooted numerous times and even done a factory reset. I was rooted before. I am not now. Any ideas on how to fix this? Short of trying to roll back to 4.2.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I received the 4.3 update 2 days ago. So far the only problem i have is no WIFI at all. I have rebooted numerous times and even done a factory reset. I was rooted before. I am not now. Any ideas on how to fix this? Short of trying to roll back to 4.2.
Is it that you don't see any wifi networks or can’t connect to the ones you see?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That does indeed sound like a problem with the ROM. You could use this as an opportunity or excuse to upgrade to SlimBean ROM or CM you could.

g2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting in recovery and clearing cache may help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My wifi wont turn on at all. I've been troubleshooting this for days since updated to 4.3

Tried the "whack your phone" trick that some suggested, and still didn't work
Tried the *#0011# WIFI "On" to "Off" but still doesnt work...

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cris Royosopolis

May 9, 2014
Visit site
On my Note2.
Going to Settings->More->Application Manager->Running and stopping "AT&T Smart Wi-Fi" seems to have fixed the Wi-Fi problem for me.
After stopping "AT&T Smart Wi-Fi" turning my Wi-Fi on on my Note 2 worked perfectly.
And this seems to have fixed my Bluetooth which also was not working.
(Note: I'm using the Note 2 on the Straight Talk phone network)

Janet Teyla

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Airplane mode has the ability to save whether wifi is on or off so when you turn airplane mode on it turns on or off wifi. Sounds great but it appears to be interfering with the standard wifi. I noticed this when I turned on airplane mode, wifi was off so I turned it on and it immediately connected. It seems like airplane mode (even when off) is constantly disconnecting the wifi. So it starts to connect and then airplane mode turns it off. Fix is to set wifi on in airplane mode and it will stop interfering when airplane mode is off.

Turn on airplane mode. Wifi should be off in this mode. Turn on wifi. Wifi should connect. Turn off airplane mode.

maqusan

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Found this on a random google and golfdriver97's solution appears to have solved my problem, although admittedly the problem was intermittent so the fact it found wifi again after the restart could be co-incidence. If I remember I'll update this post once I'm sure but I just wanted to +1 the solution while it was fresh in my mind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma