1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting

Hi, I've got a sprint galaxy note 2 and was thinking about taking it somewhere to get it rooted. Just curious about the good or bad it can do for your phone. I don't know much about rooting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

USMC97

Default Re: Rooting

What are your main reasons for wanting to root the Note 2? I wouldn't get it rooted unless you have a specific reason for doing so.

By rooting the phone you are gaining superuser permission. This will allow you to uninstall bloatware, make various performance tweaks, use app features that require root, install apps that require root, and flash custom ROMs.

The negative side of rooting is that you can brick your phone if the proper rooting process is not followed. You can also seriously screw up a phone by flashing the wrong ROM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hello, I was just thought about doing it for performance and battery life. Which the battery isn't bad. I'm just exploring. It's just a backup phone I have.

USMC97

I would take the time to learn and educate yourself to perform rooting it yourself. It's rewarding in the long run and also assures that you will have the basic knowledge to tackle and fix any problems that may arise.

Depending on some 3rd party to do this is not advisable and takes away the whole point of taking control of your device and user end experience.

Sent from my awesome HTC One
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Those are pretty good reasons to root. CyanogenMod is a nice ROM that's stable and has built in performance settings.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks, I'm gonna think on it a little longer.

USMC97