- 12-26-2013, 12:16 PM #2
- 784 Posts
What are your main reasons for wanting to root the Note 2? I wouldn't get it rooted unless you have a specific reason for doing so.
By rooting the phone you are gaining superuser permission. This will allow you to uninstall bloatware, make various performance tweaks, use app features that require root, install apps that require root, and flash custom ROMs.
The negative side of rooting is that you can brick your phone if the proper rooting process is not followed. You can also seriously screw up a phone by flashing the wrong ROM.
- 12-26-2013, 01:00 PM #4
I would take the time to learn and educate yourself to perform rooting it yourself. It's rewarding in the long run and also assures that you will have the basic knowledge to tackle and fix any problems that may arise.
Depending on some 3rd party to do this is not advisable and takes away the whole point of taking control of your device and user end experience.
Sent from my awesome HTC OnePaul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- 12-26-2013, 01:02 PM #5
- By radhi19 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2013, 12:19 PM
- By radhi19 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2013, 09:33 AM
- By LeRoy Simmons in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-25-2013, 07:38 PM
- By praz88 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 12-25-2013, 12:16 PM
- By Meow Moo in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 12-25-2013, 04:08 AM