1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root for Dummies or Noob wants to avoid OTA 4.3 update

Have been hounded unmercifully to update to 4.3 (Sprint G Note 2 by the way). Have been a casual reader here for some time, debating a return to Windows mobile (WP 8.1) but have enough time/money invested in Android handsets that I want to explore the possibility that this ignoramus might be able to root. Hopefully this is the right place to ask for guidance on the subject. My purpose in rooting is a combination of what I call trying to regain a semblance of control of privacy, control of my handset.. And control of my storage. Simply put, I like the concept partially presented in 4.3 of permissions control (appsop?) and moving apps to the SD card. So here's where I get lost in the root adventure regarding Samsung devices - lots of chatter everywhere about knox and no return, Odin? being required, and a few bricks to the wet behind the ear crowd (that's me:-))

Long winded way of asking for help, I find most sights lose sight of how far ahead they are of a Noob, is there no step 1 to step 30 way to root starting with best backup practice and ending with an environment similar to Current with user control of permissions and app location?

Thanks for any help that the community might share.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Re: Root for Dummies or Noob wants to avoid OTA 4.3 update

There is a rooting, roms and hacks forum specifically for the note 2. :-)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by riskybzns View Post
    There is a rooting, roms and hacks forum specifically for the note 2. :-)
    :-) thought I posted 2 the note 2 forum, will try again, thanks for the heads up

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

You did, just to the Sprint note 2 forum. :-)