KitKat 4.4 download

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Who has gotten the 4.4 download Sprint has released for the Note 2? Tell us your experience and what's new that you've noticed.

One of the big changes we got was changing of GPS to Location on the task bar. Its annoying because if you turn on maps and then want to turn on GPS you hit location and it brings you to the location menu which gives you levels of location services (high accuracy/wifi/gps only). This isnt a bother but when you want to turn gps off you cant just click on the location item like you used to with gps because then it turns off your location services and apps that rely on your location to not work. It actually got less intuitive. Sigh...

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Still no download here in the foothills east of Sacramento, CA. I have 4.4 on my 2013 Nexus 7 and Samsung Note 8 and I like the new Google camera. I'm anxious to get the new camera on my phone

evo666

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Loving it so far. Battery life seems to be great but I'll see how long it last in a few days. BTW I'm located in Seattle, wa.

Sent from my Samsung Note II

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Received it this morning in Lakeland, FL(Central Florida between Orlando and Tampa) but haven't installed it yet. I'm not sure I like the idea of the SD Card being disabled unless I Root my phone. I have a few apps that I moved over to the SD Card like BeyondPod and others that use a lot of storage space for files and, from what I've read, when I switch to KitKat, I'll loose all that and pretty well be stuck using the stock memory. So why do this if I'm going to cut my available memory in half?

I may be wrong on this belief so, if I am, please do correct me. I really don't know thew ins and outs of the Phone OS

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Received it this morning in Lakeland, FL(Central Florida between Orlando and Tampa) but haven't installed it yet. I'm not sure I like the idea of the SD Card being disabled unless I Root my phone. I have a few apps that I moved over to the SD Card like BeyondPod and others that use a lot of storage space for files and, from what I've read, when I switch to KitKat, I'll loose all that and pretty well be stuck using the stock memory. So why do this if I'm going to cut my available memory in half?

I may be wrong on this belief so, if I am, please do correct me. I really don't know thew ins and outs of the Phone OS

The way I understand it is that apps can't be moved to the SD card with KitKat 4.4. I have all my photos, music, and documents stored on the SD card now with 4.4 and they work fine. I moved all my apps back to phone storage before I updated to 4.4 and I stll have lots of storage left on my 16g Note 2. Of course I don't have tons of apps on my phone as I eliminated the ones I really didn't use frequently.

Jnug70

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The way I understand it is that apps can't be moved to the SD card with KitKat 4.4. I have all my photos, music, and documents stored on the SD card now with 4.4 and they work fine. I moved all my apps back to phone storage before I updated to 4.4 and I stll have lots of storage left on my 16g Note 2. Of course I don't have tons of apps on my phone as I eliminated the ones I really didn't use frequently.

Thats what I did too

Jnugs Note II

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
One of the big changes we got was changing of GPS to Location on the task bar. Its annoying because if you turn on maps and then want to turn on GPS you hit location and it brings you to the location menu which gives you levels of location services (high accuracy/wifi/gps only). This isnt a bother but when you want to turn gps off you cant just click on the location item like you used to with gps because then it turns off your location services and apps that rely on your location to not work. It actually got less intuitive. Sigh...

This. This sucks. What they did with gps/location just blows.

Note2

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got 4.4.2 ota this morning when I woke up. (northern Virginia) So far I notice the white icons in the task bar, and gps now says location instead of gps. it appears to run a tad bit faster then 4.3, but not 100% sure yet. My galaxy gear finally works properly, I'm getting all notifications and the proximity feature that unlocks your phone automatically when you are within a foot from the phone and then locks the phone when you get 5ft away is working flawlessly. Before I use to have to wave the watch in front of the phone for it to pick it up.

I've also noticed the lock screen looks a little different and now allows you to launch the camera, messaging, browser and phone directly from the lock screen. When you don't pick a default app to perform certain tasks and you always choose an app manually and choose just once, now it remembers your last choice and will highlight it. However you'll still get to manually pick your app until you choose a default app for the task. There is also a few more setting options. When you pull down your notification tray by default the tray shows from the bottom up, so basically you see your notification without having to scroll down. When listening to music, the album art is full page and looks very nice.

Issues that I've seen and not sure it it's the update or not but my note 2 has frozen 3 times and restarted by itself when I had several apps running. The biggest problem I have is for some reason my Samsung account won't sync anymore! I get an error message saying "sync is currently experiencing problems, will be back shortly. And my last sync was 5 minutes before I updated to 4.4.2! Will update with further analysis when I have more time with it.

Posted via Android Central App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
What color is everyone's phone dialer? My Note 3 is white, my Note 2 is blue and black. Both 4.4.2 OTA Sprint.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What color is everyone's phone dialer? My Note 3 is white, my Note 2 is blue and black. Both 4.4.2 OTA Sprint.

Mine has always been blue and black on my note 2, I think it has to do with the version of touchwiz. Both the s4 and note 3 have white phone dialers

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine has always been blue and black on my note 2, I think it has to do with the version of touchwiz. Both the s4 and note 3 have white phone dialers

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app
I believe you are right, I'm thinking it's Touch Wiz as well. Thanks for the input. 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol