Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth headset play/pause buttons still not working

Ever since ICS, the ability to start/pause music or podcasts on my Galaxy Note 2 with the buttons on my Bluetooth Stereo headset(s) has been removed. I was REALLY hoping they would fix the issue in KitKat.. but Alas! It has not been fixed.

Has anyone heard of any hacks or fixes or just plain news about why this is disabled? I search the internet periodically hoping to find an answer to this issue (I really liked it! when I had it! If I wanted to pause or play I could just reach up and touch the button on my headphones.) For a while I would bug the App developers about this .. but their feedback has been that they cannot do anything about it. They say that Android messed it up in ICS and I can't find any evidence they plan to resolve it! WHY????
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Bluetooth headset play/pause buttons still not working

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgreenlee42 View Post
    Ever since ICS, the ability to start/pause music or podcasts on my Galaxy Note 2 with the buttons on my Bluetooth Stereo headset(s) has been removed. I was REALLY hoping they would fix the issue in KitKat.. but Alas! It has not been fixed.

Has anyone heard of any hacks or fixes or just plain news about why this is disabled? I search the internet periodically hoping to find an answer to this issue (I really liked it! when I had it! If I wanted to pause or play I could just reach up and touch the button on my headphones.) For a while I would bug the App developers about this .. but their feedback has been that they cannot do anything about it. They say that Android messed it up in ICS and I can't find any evidence they plan to resolve it! WHY????
    Well, I don't think that could be fixed from the OS end I think the bluetooth headset you have bought isn't compatible with the device have you tried pairing different bluetooth headset with your device. I am pretty much sure it will work because I don't think the problem is with the KitKat !

Default Re: Bluetooth headset play/pause buttons still not working

This problem just started for me, though I am not aware of recently updating my operating system. I have tried different brands of headphones that work with different sets of buttons (all of which worked until a week ago) and none of the pause/play buttons work. I tried repairing, just in case. It seemed to help for a few uses and then quit again. It is maddening. IF anyone finds the fix, please post it!!!