Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default data connection error.

i probably won't get an answer but though i'd ask anyways.

i'm a long haul trucker. i'm using my sprint note 2 as my sole gps tablet. it's a unactivated phone.

with the 4.4 update. i'm now getting 2 data connection errors. don't know the timeframe that they pop up but they pop up together. the first one pops up. i close it. the second immediately pops up. i close it. alls good for awhile.

i'm guessing it's becuase the phone is unactivated. but the errors will even pop up when it's connected wifi through my verizon note 2.

i'm using copilot software. full fledged map downloaded onto phone. no internet or phone service required. i hotspot to my verizon note 2 when i'm in city traffic. for traffic alerts.

if anyone knows. how would i turn the errors off.

Global Posts
    17,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: data connection error.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    i probably won't get an answer but though i'd ask anyways.

i'm a long haul trucker. i'm using my sprint note 2 as my sole gps tablet. it's a unactivated phone.

with the 4.4 update. i'm now getting 2 data connection errors. don't know the timeframe that they pop up but they pop up together. the first one pops up. i close it. the second immediately pops up. i close it. alls good for awhile.

i'm guessing it's becuase the phone is unactivated. but the errors will even pop up when it's connected wifi through my verizon note 2.

i'm using copilot software. full fledged map downloaded onto phone. no internet or phone service required. i hotspot to my verizon note 2 when i'm in city traffic. for traffic alerts.

if anyone knows. how would i turn the errors off.
    Do you have airplane mode enabled? That may stop the service errors.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: data connection error.

yep, i figured out today to enable airplane. but then, i have to disable it when i want to tether for traffic alerts. going to be a pain while driving.

also, no more time zone change.