Galaxy SII on T-Mobile but no 4G

jyinger

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I took my new, unlocked Galaxy SII to my T-Mobile store today. They were happy to take my money and help me get it activated and set up. And it IS a super phone, camera, Internet device.

Except (after and hour of paperwork and setting up) I noticed that it was only linked to the Internet at 2G speed. I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said, oh no, only smartphones purchased from T-Mobile can access our 4G network. Even though this phone was designed for 4G.

How crazy is that??

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I took my new, unlocked Galaxy SII to my T-Mobile store today. They were happy to take my money and help me get it activated and set up. And it IS a super phone, camera, Internet device.

Except (after and hour of paperwork and setting up) I noticed that it was only linked to the Internet at 2G speed. I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said, oh no, only smartphones purchased from T-Mobile can access our 4G network. Even though this phone was designed for 4G.

How crazy is that??

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Sounds like you should have done some research prior to your purchase. It is well known that it will only get 2g speeds on tmobiles frequency bands. On ATT's network you can get the full experience.