Sprint Galaxy S2 pics leaked?

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S II / Galaxy Within for Sprint spotted? | This is my next...

Images are leaked believed to be Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S II - the Galaxy Within
This time last year, the US finally received its fair share of the original Samsung Galaxy as the big four officially received their specific versions, but this current summer though, we?re still relatively in the dark regarding news about its successor.

Our friends across the big pond are getting their fill with the amazing Samsung Galaxy S II, but it seems we?re getting our first look at the version that?s going to grace Sprint?s lineup. The team over as This Is My Next managed to nab images believed to be the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Within ? Sprint?s variant of the Galaxy S II.

From what we can see so far, we find Sprint?s logo prominently positioned in the back, along with an 8-megapixel snapper as well. Moreover, it?s being reported to be running Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread right now. Aside from those items, that?s pretty much all that can be gathered about the handset so far ? though, we?re certain it?ll be sporting that pretty Super AMOLED Plus display too.

As we all know, Sprint?s lineup is going to be stacked to the brim with some respectable high-end devices ? like the recent HTC EVO 3D and upcoming Motorola PHOTON 4G. Needless to say, Samsung?s high-caliber offering should meet the mark made with its rivals, but we?re curious to know more about this handset. Summer is surely scorching right now, and we?re certain people all around are waiting for anything regarding the US variants of the Samsung Galaxy S II.

source: This Is My Next via Android Central

Images are leaked believed to be Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S II - the Galaxy Within

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same back as the GS2? I disagree. The GS2 is square, this is rounded. Shape wise and camera placement are basically identical to the epic. They are making the epic2. It's slated for release this year. It will also have an 8mp camera. We need a profile pic to settle it. I'm not getting my hopes up. I really do hope it's the GS2. If I dont get at least a release date in the next couple weeks in getting the photon

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Same back as the GS2? I disagree. The GS2 is square, this is rounded. Shape wise and camera placement are basically identical to the epic. They are making the epic2. It's slated for release this year. It will also have an 8mp camera. We need a profile pic to settle it. I'm not getting my hopes up. I really do hope it's the GS2. If I dont get at least a release date in the next couple weeks in getting the photon
I also disagree with u, why would a slider phone have a bump

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

It's pretty hard to draw any conclusions from the picture. The image quality is terrible. The bottom definitely shares the same shape as the GS2, and while yes the top of the battery cover looks overly curved, I wouldn't call the GS2 square. Take a look at the image gallery in the Engadget review: Samsung Galaxy S II review - Engadget Galleries

Many of those shots show how curved the corner of the battery cover is on the GS2. The shape difference in the picture, particularly near the top, could be a factor of the camera angle and poor quality so the lines get blurred.

Other than the obvious difference in the camera cover, here are some other differences I noticed ...

1) The speaker hole looks the same (two small slits) as the GS2, but is on the opposite side of the bottom
2) The volume rocker looks like it has a divot in the middle, separating one side from the other, and looks much like the volume rocker on the Epic 4G. The volume rocker on the original GS2 is flat.

While I'm still leaning towards this being a pic of the Within, I'm not going to rule anything out. We'll know much more over the next few weeks I'd wager. Either way, at least it's something we can get excited about.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The original epic has a bump/ chin or whatever you want too call it

This device being showed does not have a keyboard. Was confirmed by "This is my next". So no this is not the Epic 2. I could of told you that before anyone ever mentioned anything. The Epic 2 will have a keyboard obviously.

Robomike

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This device being showed does not have a keyboard. Was confirmed by "This is my next". So no this is not the Epic 2. I could of told you that before anyone ever mentioned anything. The Epic 2 will have a keyboard obviously.
Where did you see that "This is my next" confirmed it didn't have a keyboard? Not finding anything about that in the original article, or the comments. I'm really looking forward to this phone, and any evidence that it's an actual Sprint version of the GSII and not the epic 2 would make me a very happy man.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing in the article about either having or not having a keyboard. I have contacted the writer of the article asking if they can simply confirm one way or the other but I have not heard back from them. If I do hear back I will post to let everyone know. I want this to be the GS2 as much or if not more than everyone else. I'm an epic owner and it looks a lot like the epic to me.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

When OEM's remake phones for each Carrier they want to make them different in ways that people can tell them apart like look at Epic Vs Samsung Galaxy phone there both SGS phones but they were changed and renamed, and for the Epic 2 it is not they are making a Epic 2 phone it wont be as good as the within it will be 1.2 single core processor.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I think this is the Sprint version of the Samsung Att Infuse.

Notice how the camera sets atop the flash which is just like the Infuse
Whereas the GS2 has the flash beside the camera.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the Sprint version of the Samsung Att Infuse.

Notice how the camera sets atop the flash which is just like the Infuse
Whereas the GS2 has the flash beside the camera.

Why would Samsung have a version of the Infuse? Besides that, the only reason why they changed the shape of the camera is so they can seperate themselves from the rest of the carriers, even though it won't make that much of a difference?

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When OEM's remake phones for each Carrier they want to make them different in ways that people can tell them apart like look at Epic Vs Samsung Galaxy phone there both SGS phones but they were changed and renamed, and for the Epic 2 it is not they are making a Epic 2 phone it wont be as good as the within it will be 1.2 single core processor.

I know they are making an epic2 and I know the specs of it. That article only shows the back of the phone and doesn't say what the specs of the phone in the pic are. So, me, you or anyone else on here doesn't know for certain which phone it is. Imho it looks like the epic so think it's the epic2. I hope I'm 1000% wrong. But for you, me or anyone else to say what it is or isn't is completely wrong cause none of us know

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see that "This is my next" confirmed it didn't have a keyboard? Not finding anything about that in the original article, or the comments. I'm really looking forward to this phone, and any evidence that it's an actual Sprint version of the GSII and not the epic 2 would make me a very happy man.

Well easily shown by the pictures it does not, the device is too thin. I also had it confirmed directly by emailing them myself. So that I could write my piece on it.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I know they are making an epic2 and I know the specs of it. That article only shows the back of the phone and doesn't say what the specs of the phone in the pic are. So, me, you or anyone else on here doesn't know for certain which phone it is. Imho it looks like the epic so think it's the epic2. I hope I'm 1000% wrong. But for you, me or anyone else to say what it is or isn't is completely wrong cause none of us know

That is just your issue though, it looks nothing like a keyboard device. Look at depth of the device in the hand, and even from the back. The device is paper thin. Easily seen.. But I do know, my sources confirmed the device didn't have a keyboard. So if doesn't? Then it's not the Epic 2. Then it would be the full touch 4G device by Samsung that was leaked in the Q3 roadmap from Sprint. So not too many devices it could be.

Source to road map

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad