Samsung showing us ANY sign of improvement?

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I really really want this this phone! Every review I read or watch makes me want it more!

However, at the same time on these forums all I read about Samsung in terms of updates and bug fixes is horrible. Nothing but "still waiting for update", " had this problem for 6 monthes", "wonder if Samsung will EVER fix this?"..................... Does Samsung even HAVE an update division? Maybe they focus 100% on producing sweet phones-sell a ton of them-and that's IT! :mad:

I'm just not seeing even a tiny "point of light" indicating Samsung has/is/intends to change their business model. Lacking that "point of light" I may have to settle on the Evo 3D or Photon even. Let's not forget Sprint COULD be popping the iPhone 5 as we head into fall. Hate on them or not, well built and they just work.

Thanks to all who take the time to post. PLEASE remember this is supposed to be a "friendly and helpful community".:D

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Dont believe the nay sayers who talk about updates. The Samsung galaxy S was the first Non Nexus phone in the world to receive 2.3 ahead of Moto, HTC and LG. Samsung updates just as frequently as the rest of the manufacturers.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Dont believe the nay sayers who talk about updates. The Samsung galaxy S was the first Non Nexus phone in the world to receive 2.3 ahead of Moto, HTC and LG. Samsung updates just as frequently as the rest of the manufacturers.

The Samsung fascinate and the epic are both on froyo. They took a long and I mean a long time to get updated. Idk where you got your info from. HTC and moto definitely handle updates better. I love Samsung screens but their radios and lack of updates has pushed me to the photon Instead of the GS2.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has gotten better, its the US carriers that held them back. Samsung has constantly updated their Galaxy S and Galaxy S II as soon as possible in other countries and unlocked phones.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It has always been the US carriers. Have you ever wondered why Samsung phones outside of the US are always updated while the US Samsung phones are cut off? I'll give you a hint. Two words: The. Carriers.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung fascinate and the epic are both on froyo. They took a long and I mean a long time to get updated. Idk where you got your info from. HTC and moto definitely handle updates better. I love Samsung screens but their radios and lack of updates has pushed me to the photon Instead of the GS2.

Verizon treated the Fascinate like crap (why else would they put Bing on it?). Also the Epic has had at least 7 different builds of Gingerbread and the last couple are based off of 2.3.4. 2 builds are actually able to be used and flashed: EE03 and EF02.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
yes I'm aware the epic has had various builds of gb. What about the froyo debacle? That was atrocious and froyo still sucks. You can't blame verizon solely. It's both Samsung fault and the carriers. The vibe I get from Samsung is that they put out an awesome phone, get people to buy it and then start planning the next big phone that will suck people in. I think they put updates on the back burner and only worry about them when it's already too late.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
verizon must treat all their phones like **** then. They put 27lbs of bloat on every phone they release, not just the fascinate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463