non Wimax GS2 with NFC passed through FCC, no NFC for Within?

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Probably, the FCC is pretty good about outlining the types of antenna in each device they review.

On the bright side, it appears as though Samsung submitted all of the variants of the GSII at once to the FCC, so we may be looking at a similar launch time on all of the carriers.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think it's pretty clear now that Sprint's Galaxy SII won't have NFC. It's unfortunate for me because I like my devices as future proof as possible, but it's not a deal breaker. I guess Samsung and Sprint decided to save the technology for future devices since NFC is still in its early stages.

Sprint said this back in May:

May 26, 2011, 10:00 AM by Eric M. Zeman

During today's Google Wallet unveiling, Sprint took the stage for a few moments to talk about its role in the new NFC-based mobile payment system. NFC will first be supported by the Samsung Nexus S 4G Android device, which already has NFC built in. Sprint also said it expects to add more NFC-capable handsets over time, from Samsung, Motorola, and others. "It will take some time to get this [technology] across our lineup," said the Sprint representative.

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think it's pretty clear now that Sprint's Galaxy SII won't have NFC. It's unfortunate for me because I like my devices as future proof as possible, but it's not a deal breaker. I guess Samsung and Sprint decided to save the technology for future devices since NFC is still in its early stages.

Sprint said this back in May:

May 26, 2011, 10:00 AM by Eric M. Zeman

During today's Google Wallet unveiling, Sprint took the stage for a few moments to talk about its role in the new NFC-based mobile payment system. NFC will first be supported by the Samsung Nexus S 4G Android device, which already has NFC built in. Sprint also said it expects to add more NFC-capable handsets over time, from Samsung, Motorola, and others. "It will take some time to get this [technology] across our lineup," said the Sprint representative.

Dang it i was really hoping for NFC. I mean i'm still going to buy this phone as soon as it comes out, but since we've been waiting so long for it i was expecting it to have as many features as possible.

I'm also not sure how i feel about the bigger screen, but i don't think it will be that big of a deal. At this point i just can't wait to finally have it in my hand, with or without NFC or a bigger screen.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Dang it i was really hoping for NFC. I mean i'm still going to buy this phone as soon as it comes out, but since we've been waiting so long for it i was expecting it to have as many features as possible.

I'm also not sure how i feel about the bigger screen, but i don't think it will be that big of a deal. At this point i just can't wait to finally have it in my hand, with or without NFC or a bigger screen.

It seems like this year is "DUAL CORE!" and "3D!" and "MORE 4G!". Next year will be "QUAD CORE!" and "NFC!" and "EVEN MORE 4G!". You know how things are in technology. They always hold something back so they can sell it in increments, even when the technology is ready to roll out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante