Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cacherpaderp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Even though the release of the release date is approaching...

Are any of you on the borderline of giving up on this phone? I'm using a LG Rumor Touch and really wanted this to be my first smartphone. However, because the phone is not coming anytime soon and my Rumor Touch is hardly functional, waiting for this phone may not be feasible for me anymore. I just want to know if anyone else, out of need or exhaustion, has decided, or is close to decide to moving on to The Photon or 3VO. I would hate to settle for a lesser phone, but at this point, both options are tangible and 200x better than my current lol

I went ahead and got a Photon a couple of days ago. I figure I've got 30 days to change my mind and get the SGS2 if more info comes out about it.

I'm liking the Photon so much I may just stick with it.

Sent from my Photon

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: Even though the release of the release date is approaching...

Depends on when it hits.

I originally got a Photon, but returned it because I didn't like the screen. I could have kept it for more than a week, but I really didn't want to risk accidentally dropping it or something.

I was leaning towards this, but if it doesn't hit until mid to late September I'll probably just pass for the new Nexus unless rumors have that one not hitting until next year or something.

Hopefully my Pre lasts until then. It randomly shuts off a couple times a day now...

I just realized we will probably not get a dedicated camera button the this phone, so I'm actually considering staying with my Optimus S for another 6 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserandmax View Post
    I just realized we will probably not get a dedicated camera button the this phone, so I'm actually considering staying with my Optimus S for another 6 months or so.
    Wow. Turning down the best phone because it doesn't have a dedicated camera button. Some people really are picky.
    Thanked by:
    12MaNy 
    graffix31 likes this.
    Regional Leg Breaker

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Too many to list...

Quote Originally Posted by cachorropedorro View Post
    Wow. Turning down the best phone because it doesn't have a dedicated camera button. Some people really are picky.
    Can I get an Amen?!

Yeah, all the whining gets old. If someones not willing to wait for the best device on the planet, then they should just move along to something else.

Why not pick up a Nexus-S 4G for now ? They are on sale super cheap, and the phone is amazing for being single core, great screen, very thin and lightweight, feels great in the hand. And tons of custom ROMs and themes out for it. It is a much faster/better device than my EVO 4G, and I just traded in my EVO-3D for it, I like the Nexus that much

I suggest to buy that for now, and then wait for the Nexus-Three to come out, and if that is as cool as it sounds upgrade to that.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I'm definitely close to giving up and passing on this phone, but I guess I will still wait and see. I have the EVO 4G, and when renting a car in Nice, France, I saw a sweet looking android phone and I was like, man I wish they had that on Sprint...get home and see it was a galaxy s II and that it is coming to sprint, I was really excited. Now I see that the American cariers are butchering it, adding a not needed and possibly too big screen for me, and if it affects the thickness at all I'm out. I want the worlds thinnest android slab, not some american frankenstien that they call the SGS II even though its not. Hopefully it is just as thin, and the screen isn't too big and I still really like it, but I already know that it is for sure not going to be that sweet phone I saw in Europe and really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    I'm definitely close to giving up and passing on this phone, but I guess I will still wait and see. I have the EVO 4G, and when renting a car in Nice, France, I saw a sweet looking android phone and I was like, man I wish they had that on Sprint...get home and see it was a galaxy s II and that it is coming to sprint, I was really excited. Now I see that the American cariers are butchering it, adding a not needed and possibly too big screen for me, and if it affects the thickness at all I'm out. I want the worlds thinnest android slab, not some american frankenstien that they call the SGS II even though its not. Hopefully it is just as thin, and the screen isn't too big and I still really like it, but I already know that it is for sure not going to be that sweet phone I saw in Europe and really wanted.
    i agree. the things i dont like about my evo are its heavy, big and battery life is terrible. i gave up on the gs2 when the dimensions on the fcc filing showed that sprint made it longer, wider and probably thicker topped off by ridiculous names. but honestly i cant say that im surprised or upset since they did this with last years model. i am waiting for the lg optimus black now.

Quote Originally Posted by 12MaNy View Post
    Can I get an Amen?!

Sorry buddy cant help ya there
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II