Happy with the appearence of the Epic Touch 4g?

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sure we dont know 100% what the Epic Touch will look like but Im assuming it willl look like the t-mobile/telus version. I have attatched all versions including the sprint back and the t-mo/telus front. Do you like the look of the Galaxy s2 or do you llike the European version better??

Last edited:

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Kind of off topic but has anyone noticed that the Sprint pic does not say "Galaxy SII" like the T-Mobile version? The back covers do look very close to the same though.

Back on topic, I dont mind as long as the internals are pretty much the same.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the European version much much better but I will settle if it ends up looking like the Tmobile one.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I would be happy with T-mobile look but not with the guts
According to pop herald article its packing 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 processor not the Exynos

Samsung Galaxy S2 aka Hercules for T-Mobile USA spotted

If that's the case with Sprint version why leave EVO3D.....yes GS2 screen is king but so many other factors come into play like strong HTC custom rom development.
grrr I'm at a cross road on this one don't know which way to go.

Last edited:

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
According to pop herald article its packing 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 processor not the Exynos

If that's the case with Sprint version why leave EVO3D.....yes GS2 screen is king but so many other factors come into play like strong HTC custom rom development.

Well I think that it will be the Exynos processor. Someone found some NenaMark scores that were run on a phone with a model number of SPH-D710 which is what passed through the FCC.

Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results

It got the same scores as the European Galaxy S2. So that leads me to believe that the Sprint version will not have the Qualcomm processor. At least I hope I am right... :-\

Cant comment on the T-Mobile version though.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I think the Samsung Galaxy software is what makes the phone soo great. Look at the Galaxy R. It runs just as well as the Galaxy S2 and that has the tegra 2 processor. I could be wrong tho

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I thin the Samsung Galaxy software is what makes the phone soo great. Look at the Galaxy R. It runs just as well as the Galaxy S2 and that has the tegra 2 processor. I could be wrong tho
Touchwiz hmm Im not to fond of it..I was going to root go pure ginger.
I was hopping for GS2 European version look and internals which doesn't seem to be the case.
Are version is At&T Infuse like with a spiked up processor.

tublecane

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I can live with the removal of the European home button and our row of 4, I can't live with them making the device any bigger (thickness being the key, size of the screen, may or may not be able to live with). I really don't want that lip thing either that shows up on the tmo version. I could care less about which processor it has as long as it is very responsive. The key is I want something that is going to fit in my front jeans pocket and be smaller than my evo 4g, and that runs faster, more up to date screen, if it doesn't have those, I'll keep the 4g and hope that one day someone releases something similar to the kick ass european sgsII.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I can live with the removal of the European home button and our row of 4, I can't live with them making the device any bigger (thickness being the key, size of the screen, may or may not be able to live with). I really don't want that lip thing either that shows up on the tmo version. I could care less about which processor it has as long as it is very responsive. The key is I want something that is going to fit in my front jeans pocket and be smaller than my evo 4g, and that runs faster, more up to date screen, if it doesn't have those, I'll keep the 4g and hope that one day someone releases something similar to the kick ass european sgsII.
Stop by AT&T check out their Sammy Infuse.
It basically has same form factor same 4.5 screen size.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll let you know when I hold it in my hot little hand and look at it in person. Pictures don't do it for me, especially blurrycam shots.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd really like it to be close enough to the European version so that existing cases can be used on it.

I really don't want to have to hunt down cases specific to the Sprint version of the SGSII, when there are already so many options.

I normally don't even bother with cases, but there's just something about the European version that looks good in a case, and naked.

ia24

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
At first, I liked the European version better. But now I'd say the T-Mobile one, but I still wish it had a dedicated "home button".

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
At first, I liked the European version better. But now I'd say the T-Mobile one, but I still wish it had a dedicated "home button".
i'm actually glad they got rid of the home button, it was too iphone like. dunno why samsung keeps insisting on copying the basic design of the iphone when it seems like they have the talent to make a slick device on their own.

ia24

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
i'm actually glad they got rid of the home button, it was too iphone like. dunno why samsung keeps insisting on copying the basic design of the iphone when it seems like they have the talent to make a slick device on their own.

Personal preference really. I like the idea of this button because I'm just switching over from iPod Touch and iPhone devices, so it's convenient for me. But it's not too big of a deal. And that's true, these days most phones circulate around one generic design.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the Infuse like size. It will better suite the phone when we get ICS on it. I like my Epic and beautiful screen. I think just like the last GS they wont all look the same. Sammy is missing out by doing that. IMO if its not going to happen this time, then for the next GS3 come up with a design and keep it all the same.
I read somewhere that they were working on a 5+inch screen, that would be great lol.

Toyman317

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This supposedly has the new version (4.0 I think) of Touch Wiz, which they say works like a charm. I would think it would also upgrade to ICS easily enough.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would think it would also upgrade to ICS easily enough.

Haha, while it would be great, I'm definitely going to keep my expectations very low on this phone EVER seeing ICS as a OTA update from Samsung.

Samsung devices on Sprint don't exactly have a stellar update track record.

Madcapjim

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I wanted the phone because it would have easily fit in my jeans,, but no interest in buying it if it's pumped up to 4.5.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
honestly do you think you will really notice that little of a difference in your pocket with .2 inches? so youll give up on what is prob the best phone coming out over .2 inches. that just shocks me. using the tegra 2 instead of the xynos (sp) i can understand, that would be a huge let down on what this phone is supposed to be but .2 inches, i would be shocked if all of a sudden there is going to be .2 inches of phone sticking out of your pocket.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae