Samsung Announces US Galaxy SII on 8/29

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has officially announced today that they will introduce the US Galaxy SII variants on 8/29.

What does this mean for a release...sometime in September hopefully???

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah early September for Sprint is still likely in my opinion. It makes me wonder though if Sprint will still announce their release in their normal 2-3 week prior or wait for Samsung's official announcement. I was expecting an announcement from Sprint sometime during the week of 8/22.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I figured the week of 8/22 as well.

Perhaps these will already be stocked on all carriers so Samsung can flood the market before the Apple phone drops.

I give up trying to figure these manufacturers and their thinking out :)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The newest rumor report a release date of 9/9, but after all the recent news of Samsung's new Super Amoled HD displays, I'm wondering if I will just wait for more news on the Nexus Prime.

[Rumor] Samsung Epic Touch 4G Releasing September 9th ? Sprintfeed

just saw this myself lol can't wait ill be the first one at store and i am off that week too. I planed my vacation days off last year for the Epic and it so happens if this a true rumor that i am 2 for 2 lol.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My eyes aren't good enough for the current displays. Why would I want more pixels to make my text smaller, when its good enough for.me now?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Everyone always complains about updates and touchwiz. I would love to get 2.3 on my Epic but I bought the phone for Android and the keyboard not 2.3. I think that Samsung has learned from the past and has up there game with updates. I hope lol. If anyone wants a phone for mainly updates i would suggest to wait for the Nexus coming out later this year.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Everyone always complains about updates and touchwiz. I would love to get 2.3 on my Epic but I bought the phone for Android and the keyboard not 2.3. I think that Samsung has learned from the past and has up there game with updates. I hope lol. If anyone wants a phone for mainly updates i would suggest to wait for the Nexus coming out later this year.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I read that. Don't count on a change from Samsung. They move on and forget their old phones. Buy it if you like it now, but realize you're stuck with it just as it is for a long time.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest question right now is, will this event even take place?

This hurricane is heading straight towards NYC. Will be interesting to see if Samsung postpones the event.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
All depends on how the storms power is when its really here. Waters right now are cooling down so it may loose its power... i hope they still have it but it hope more that the storm dies out and just becomes pain then a devastation. Good luck to everyone here on the east coast ...

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
All depends on how the storms power is when its really here. Waters right now are cooling down so it may loose its power... i hope they still have it but it hope more that the storm dies out and just becomes pain then a devastation. Good luck to everyone here on the east coast ...
Gulf stream is the warmest in years NO water cool down what so ever.
It will hold at cat 1 - 2 when impact takes place no doubt NYs going to take major hit.
My area -Hatteras island NC is going to be a nightmare of destruction worse then Gloria in 1985.

Now to the good new
Surf will be fantastic here 10ft + :)
Saturday - Sunday wave height will be 18ft - 25ft scarry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel