September 9th? [Rumor]

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly that date I had been speculating. Now the question is, will they make an official announcement 2-3 weeks ahead of time like they normally do, which would put it sometime early next week, or will they wait until 8/29 and Samsung's launch party.

Either way we're getting close kiddies!

HBtC

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
This would be good because then, based on what I've read, I could buy the Photon in like a few days and then return it for the Galaxy...

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Dolfan, good catch on the date. I always get caught up in the phone that I wasn't looking for that detail. Seems to coincide with a lot of the Sprint Galaxy S2 on 9/9 rumors. Hopefully Samsung doesn't let me down. Time to return the Photon.

ratm22

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Also along with the 9/9 date on the phone in the video, if you watch in full screen there appears to be a 4g icon in the status bar and the city in the weather widget is Kansas City. Not exactly Overland Kansas, the Sprint headquarters city but close enough.:) I'm just saying, they don't do these things accidentally ;)

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL! I'm sorry to say it won't have one. Whatever the design reason they have, it's clear that Samsung doesn't like LED notification lights on their phones.

might be a dealbreaker because i am *that guy* who is always lookin at his phone to see if i got a message.

I hear there is a workaround or an app, but it doesnt work with the stock SMS program...? (i am an android virgin)

ia24

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
might be a dealbreaker because i am *that guy* who is always lookin at his phone to see if i got a message.

I hear there is a workaround or an app, but it doesnt work with the stock SMS program...? (i am an android virgin)

A workaround how? Like what on the phone physically could show that you have a notification if there is no notification light...

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Also along with the 9/9 date on the phone in the video, if you watch in full screen there appears to be a 4g icon in the status bar and the city in the weather widget is Kansas City. Not exactly Overland Kansas, the Sprint headquarters city but close enough.:) I'm just saying, they don't do these things accidentally ;)

Overland Park ;-) (sorry to be picky, but I live there lol)

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
A workaround how? Like what on the phone physically could show that you have a notification if there is no notification light...

The Nexus-S 4G, root it and install BLN it makes the bottom menu buttons light up when you missed a call or text, with tons of custom settings.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys jump in on the 9th and test it for us. For me, I will wait a month to see if we hear a Nexus announcement, and to see how good the Sprint iPhone is.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

There is an app on the market called noled made for the Samsung phones with no notification light.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
ya after some reading, it looks like noLED could do the trick, but iunno.

I'm thinkin i'll use Sprint's 30-day return policy sometime around the beginning of Oct. to test the phone/see if an ICS phone gets announced...but i keep changing my mind ever day.