Sprint SII...The NEW 4.5" with 1.5ghz Processor?

machjuan#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Check Samsungs website for the drivers if you're doing a cabled (USB) tether.
No notification light? I would much rather have a notification light than a camera button. Does one need to be checking their phone all the time or is there a way to be notified, like a beep or something?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Notifications (sound) have been on every android phone I've owned.....and even on my BB phones.

I never figured out how to see those silly blinking lights in my pocket or a holster :)

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if LTE is integrated on the Celox SOC? If that is the case then they could put it in on Sprints version and disable it in the firmware. WiMax is its own chip so theoretically we could have a dual mode LTE-WiMax phone. When Sprints LTE network is in place firmware upgrade and bam! LTE phone.

I know it's not going to happen but its always good to hope. :D

joe_sun

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Notifications (sound) have been on every android phone I've owned.....and even on my BB phones.

I never figured out how to see those silly blinking lights in my pocket or a holster :)

Right but in an office enviornment I can keep my phone on silent and a notification light lets me know I need to check my phone without stopping what I'm doing to pick it up.

A notification beep gets complaints from my coworkers and manager.

I can't beleive how much I miss my notification led on my Hero.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Right but in an office enviornment I can keep my phone on silent and a notification light lets me know I need to check my phone without stopping what I'm doing to pick it up.

A notification beep gets complaints from my coworkers and manager.

I can't beleive how much I miss my notification led on my Hero.

There is an app on the market called noled, which is designed for the Samsung phones with no notification light.

Reactions: joe_sun

madkaw

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
With Rogers getting the new s2 lte at the end of september I would almost put money on the new ones we are getting here in the states today will be the new specs. I highly doubt that they are just starting the new line for the us with 1.2 processors and canada will get 1.4-5 ones a couple weeks later.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
With Rogers getting the new s2 lte at the end of september I would almost put money on the new ones we are getting here in the states today will be the new specs. I highly doubt that they are just starting the new line for the us with 1.2 processors and canada will get 1.4-5 ones a couple weeks later.

I'd really like to agree with you, but I just can't. Sprint's GSII has been in pre-production testing since June. The images look exactly like the leaked test photo from the middle of July, and it cleared the FCC just over a month ago. Sadly, all of this tells me Sprint's GSII will have the original specs.

This is the downside of US carriers demanding personalized variants. It delays releases and inevitably leads to being behind the technology curve. Like Bell Canada, Rogers will likely be releasing the International hardware, which allows them to stay ahead of the curve and release devices with more current specs.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Love the screen size.....as long as it looks good if it's still a 400 x 800 screen.

1.2 is plenty fast enough for me since I don't game.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I was turned off by 4.5 screen size a couple week ago but I can live with it.
I'm also content with 1.2 ghz.....as long as its Exynos.
If it is S2 will be mine with a big smile.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was turned off by 4.5 screen size a couple week ago but I can live with it.
I'm also content with 1.2 ghz.....as long as its Exynos.
If it is S2 will be mine with a big smile.

Yup I'm with you. I'm confident it'll pack a Exynos inside, and the screen size never bothered me. Still, I have to hold the thing in my hands, stick it in my pocket, and fondle it lovingly to see if it purrs before I make a final decision.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Full Specs posted on front page:

4.52 inch Super AMOLED Plus display
Ultra-thin (9.59mm) design
Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor
Wimax 4G radio
Media Hub
8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
Social Hub
HD video recording
Samsung Kies Air
Wifi calling
NOVA 2 HD pre-loaded
Swype pre-loaded
AES-256 internal/external hardware encryption
Bluetooth 3.0
Sprint ID
Polaris Office
Hotspot controls up to eight devices
Android 2.3
Optional USB Host kit for connection keyboards, cameras, printers and thumb drives
Optional HDMI adapter
Multimedia and Car docks will be available

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
This device will make me seriously consider jumping ship to Sprint. Gonna see what Verizon does to make up for not getting the GS2. But, those on Sprint are gonna be happy campers!