Samsungs's bad timing/"Jumping Ship" to the iPhone

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
By all indications, the beloved GSII will be released a mere 2 weeks prior to the iPhone 5 on Sprint. I have said all along this is a MAJOR FU on the part of Samsung markerting.
" I know everyone is lusting after this phone-let's delay it until the direct competion is released":-\ WTF?

Make no mistake, PLENTY of people who might have bought the GSII are going to wait to see what the iPhone 5 has to offer. We've waited this long-what's 2 more weeks?

With all of Andriod's issues/rushing half baked products to market/slow or no updates/"upgrades" that brick phones or partially diable them...................something that just works out of the box is VERY appealing (to me anyway).

The ONLY two things that will keep me with Android is if the iPhone has no 4G on Sprint (highly likely) and/or it has the same tiny display as the iPhone 4. Other wise I'm outta here and wish you all well!:D

Your turn fanboys:p

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Nope, still going with the SGS2. I have an iPad and love it, but as far as phones go Android rules. I'm no fangirl, I just use what I believe to be the best. Everyone else should do the same.

Reactions: Got2buzz

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hard to give up widgets, such as three clicks to turn off Bluetooth on iOS. I am gonna wait to see, too, but I am not holding my breath. I have an iPad, and don't think I want these restrictions on my phone.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't doubt that Sprint is going to sell a truckload of iPhones, which will be awesome for Sprint, but don't underestimate the number of people who love Android. I'm glad you'll be able to get a phone that you'llbe happy with because that's the important thing. But I'm sure Samsung and Google won't suffer too much from the competition the iPhone presents.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
make no mistake the iphone has plenty of issues on its own. a lot of people in my office have them and i hear them complaining a lot about them. needing a reset or locking up multiple times a day. if you want an iphone you always wanted one and couldnt being on sprint. regardless of an iphone coming to spring i dont want ios. coming from webos it is just to walled in of a system.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I own a Macbook Pro 2011 (love it) but I'm still gonna stick with android. The only problem I'm wondering is how difficult is it gonna be rooting my phones with a Mac? :p

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I own a Macbook Pro 2011 (love it) but I'm still gonna stick with android. The only problem I'm wondering is how difficult is it gonna be rooting my phones with a Mac? :p

I have a MBP as well and it's just as easy. The only difference is that you usually can't run the one click scripts and you have to mess around with ADB terminal a little bit.

Reactions: Officerpolabear

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
either way Sprint Gets your Money so they win no matter what lol . Enjoy IOS and your new phone... I'll stick to my GSII and then Nexus3...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Cool man I hope you enjoy it. The iPhone is a very nice smartphone, especially if you're the type that like a stock experience and don't care a lot about customization. My wife buys one every other release, and will be buying an iPhone 5 in October. It's a perfect device for her. I on the other hand prefer to tinker, so I'm looking forward to my first Android phone. WebOS had so much potential, but here we are. I wish I could say I'm sad but I'm ready to move on.

Good luck with the iPhone if you do go that route. Sprint getting it is a positive for the whole industry and for consumers. Win win!