Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default Verizon Passed on SGII Because.....

A) They don't think it will competitive with the iP5

B) It has been uncovered that they will have a DROID PRIME by Samsung with ICS in October and it will be released only to them apparently. Course, if you didn't call it a droid I suppose other carriers could get it as well?

Default Re: Verizon Passed on SGII Because.....

I'm sure there were many reasons, and I'd imagine it wasn't a decision that was made lightly. In the end I think most of them have already been nailed here in the forms. I'm sure it boiled down to opting for a non-GSII branded Slider (Stratosphere) and the upcoming Nexus. Two new phones manufactured by Samsung. Add in the Bionic and there just wasn't room for the GSII in the current release cycle.

If either the Bionic, or the GSII came out 3 months ago, things may have been different.

ROM
    Stock

There's no way Verizon customers would pay $200-250 in significant enough volume to buy a high end phone without LTE. Maybe a month ago, but no longer. I have to think there's an LTE version that is close enough in Samsung's queue. That's the one they'll sell.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

The reasons IO stated wore from 2 different articles...I wasn't guessing

They were supposedly from a higher up Verizon employee.

Answer number 1 doesn't even make sense. Verizon doesn't care which phone sells, as long as it sells. They make money selling contracts.

I think it was due to union strike.
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

IMO they are gearing up for the release of there flag ship Bionic and totally forgot the meeting with Sammy about the GSII and are making it up with the Droid Prime. I don't think the Prime name will stay if Google keeps it for the Nexus Prime... Verizon has there reasons and im sure that the V customers will be happy campers. Sprint will also be happy to sell me one sssooooonnnn
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Answers were from a Verizon spokesman who didn't want to be named in the articles.

That employee should be fired. They don't even know who their competitions are. It is certainly not with Apple. Put a link to that article so we know not to trust them, or so we we can get some good laughs reading them.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Believe me, the article(s) are easy to find. Just cause you don't believe me doesn't make it worth my time to point you to them.

My point was never that I agreed with them...I thought the arguments sounded rather lame, maybe because I have every intention of getting the SII.

Guess my biggest point was the "Droid Prime" that they will release in October.

Nuff said and energy wasted.

ROM
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

easier to posta link then type that the article its easy to find