Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Announcement & Specs

Here's the official skinny, direct from Kansas City, about the Epic 4G Touch:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...ber-16th-19999

It all line up nicely with what we were leaked earlier in the day, and sounds fantastic. Phil was lucky enough to get some hands-on love with one, check that here:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/initia...-epic-4g-touch

Also, Samsung had a few words to say, especially about the accessories:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...me-accessories

Some sweet looking docks for a sweet phone.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch Specs

Below are the specs of for the Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch, and they filled us in on the device specs and details.

• 4.52 inch Super AMOLED Plus display
    • Ultra-thin (9.59mm) design
    • Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor
    • Wimax 4G radio
    • Media Hub
    • 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
    • Social Hub
    • HD video recording
    • Samsung Kies Air
    • Wifi calling
    • NOVA 2 HD pre-loaded
    • Swype pre-loaded
    • AES-256 internal/external hardware encryption
    • Bluetooth 3.0
    • Sprint ID
    • Polaris Office
    • Hotspot controls up to eight devices
    • Android 2.3
    • Optional USB Host kit for connection keyboards, cameras, printers and thumb drives
    • Optional HDMI adapter
    • Multimedia and Car docks will be available

Default Specs Discussion

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...specs-revealed

The only question I have left is if it will ship with 2.3.3 or 2.3.4. The test device that ran benchmark tests on Nenamark showed 2.3.4, but that doesn't mean production units will ship with it.

Default Re: Specs Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post

The only question I have left is if it will ship with 2.3.3 or 2.3.4. The test device that ran benchmark tests on Nenamark showed 2.3.4, but that doesn't mean production units will ship with it.
    4.52 and a Exynos... Christmas come early?

all I needed to hear is Exynos, and thats what it is and also I've been wanted a bigger screen then my evo 4g, I'm completely sold

Well the guy that provided the specs leak said ...

I'm thinking it's 2.3.4, because the training site mentions using GoogleTalk for video chat.
    It's not confirmation but points solidly at 2.3.4. Thanks kevinchaos!

AES-256 internal/external hardware encryption
    Whats up with that?
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

"SGSIIE4GT (<- seriously?)" haha awesome

I am also coming from a Pre. Hopefully the larger 4.52 screen size upgrade wont be too much of a shock.

Besides the lack of LED Notification mention, everything looks good here. Samsung Kies Air and WiFi calling sound good too

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Whats up with that?
    now that is a major blow like the evo it will take a month or two to root if thats the case

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    now that is a major blow like the evo it will take a month or two to root if thats the case
    Hope it can be cracked

I was really hoping that Samsung would bump up the processor speed and battery capacity along with bump in the screen size, especially because in next couple of days GSII-LTE would get announced and Big Red and rest of the world would get a phone to rule the near future, and was hoping Samsung wouldn't release a phone of the recent past to fight the iPhone5 . Well, that didn't come to pass, but I have to agree that Wifi Calling and Kies Air make up for whatever it is missing.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch Specs

Has anyone seen word one on NFC???

Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    I was really hoping that Samsung would bump up the processor speed and battery capacity along with bump in the screen size, especially because in next couple of days GSII-LTE would get announced and Big Red and rest of the world would get a phone to rule the near future, and was hoping Samsung wouldn't release a phone of the recent past to fight the iPhone5 . Well, that didn't come to pass, but I have to agree that Wifi Calling and Kies Air make up for whatever it is missing.
    after you start using a 1.2 dual core exynos you will not desire any more speed, this thing is blazing fast, I know I used someones imported gs2

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post

It may be 2.3.5

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Whats up with that?
    That is storage encryption for Microsoft Exchange Security. It is standard on the European model too. Has nothing to do with the bootloader.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by oversteer325 View Post
    That is storage encryption for Microsoft Exchange Security. It is standard on the European model too. Has nothing to do with the bootloader.
    oooh thank god

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    They aren't talking about an encrypted boot loader. They're talking about hardware acceleration for encrypted network connections. This is very good news for corporate users.

Well this is my dream device guys.
    Ive never been so excited about a smartphone.

Slide out keyboard? There's no mention of that so I'm thinking no? Any confirmation either way on that?

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

The Epic 4G Touch features a 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display thats sharper and more vivid than the competition.
    With 50 percent more sub-pixels than a Super AMOLED, the Plus screen displays crisper text and clearer graphics.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB Feb. 28/franco

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
    Slide out keyboard? There's no mention of that so I'm thinking no? Any confirmation either way on that?
    I would say there is absolutely NO physical keyboard for this variant. This is based on all the press release photos, the recent spec release, and because Sprint confirmed an Epic 4G 2 later (which will undoubtedly have a keyboard).

They call it "Ultra Thin" at 9.59mm, which to me is not thin compared to;

iPhone4 = 9.3mm
    Galaxy S II = 8.49mm

But the EVO's are much thicker at around 12mm or so.

Again I scratch my head as to why Samsung and the U.S. carriers didn't release the exact same Galaxy S II that came out in April for Europe and Asia, back then ?
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
    No ... no keyboard. It would sort of conflict with the word "Touch" in the device name anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by solid_s_1117 View Post
    I would say there is absolutely NO physical keyboard for this variant. This is based on all the press release photos, the recent spec release, and because Sprint confirmed an Epic 4G 2 later (which will undoubtedly have a keyboard).
    I thought this was the Epic 2. Guess it's the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch ... Don't use the Epic name in this phone. When is the REAL Epic releasing? My G1 is at it's EOL. I know, G1? But I keep 'em for a while. Cannot afford a new phone every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    They call it "Ultra Thin" at 9.59mm, which to me is not thin compared to;

iPhone4 = 9.3mm
    Galaxy S II = 8.49mm

But the EVO's are much thicker at around 12mm or so.

Again I scratch my head as to why Samsung and the U.S. carriers didn't release the exact same Galaxy S II that came out in April for Europe and Asia, back then ?

One possibility is that the wimax radio require some major change done internally..
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast