HDMI questions

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Important issues for me... the Photon completely mirrors to HDMI when a cable is connected. Nothing here leads me to believe that there's any HDMI mirroring, so if I want to watch Slingbox or Netflix while traveling, I'm out of luck.

Also, not really all that keen about having to buy an HDMI "adapter," but it's even more worthless if you cannot charge while connected. Maybe it didn't show in the picture and there's a micro USB charger port on the side of the adapter?

The car dock looks like the same lame GS2 dock in Europe that some report has lots of whine from interference, and requires both a charge cable and an audio cable to be connected. Nothing like the excellent Photon dock that does both in a single cable with solid sound.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Important issues for me... the Photon completely mirrors to HDMI when a cable is connected. Nothing here leads me to believe that there's any HDMI mirroring, so if I want to watch Slingbox or Netflix while traveling, I'm out of luck.

Also, not really all that keen about having to buy an HDMI "adapter," but it's even more worthless if you cannot charge while connected. Maybe it didn't show in the picture and there's a micro USB charger port on the side of the adapter?

The car dock looks like the same lame GS2 dock in Europe that some report has lots of whine from interference, and requires both a charge cable and an audio cable to be connected. Nothing like the excellent Photon dock that does both in a single cable with solid sound.

BizLink MHL to HDMI Adapter - YouTube
And this works the same way with the MHL brand or Samsungs official adapter. You don't need the adapter as the micro USB in the galaxy S2 supports MHL but you have to have a tv that supports MHL in order for the phone to charge...in this case all you need is just a HDMI to micro USB cord. Most of the Tvs don't have this feature just yet though.

As for the dock, my dock is a car charger, audio cord and my retracting cupholder lol. So I have no advice or experience with that.

Reactions: Unklekeg

Unklekeg

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
BizLink MHL to HDMI Adapter - YouTube
And this works the same way with the MHL brand or Samsungs official adapter. You don't need the adapter as the micro USB in the galaxy S2 supports MHL but you have to have a tv that supports MHL in order for the phone to charge...in this case all you need is just a HDMI to micro USB cord. Most of the Tvs don't have this feature just yet though.

As for the dock, my dock is a car charger, audio cord and my retracting cupholder lol. So I have no advice or experience with that.

Awesome info here..... why spend extra on the samsung mhl when a limited amount of tv's are out there so far to support it? I will get the $17 jobby off amazon.... tanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae