I just joined this forum just because I heard the SII is now out and I really want it from Sprint.

My contract doesn't expire until march of 2012. What do you think my chances are for an early upgrade? And does anyone know what strategies I could use to get one?

Thanks
    08-31-2011 09:44 AM
    1. Port your number out to a pre paid phone service, instantally cancelling your contract
    2. When the ETF comes, complain, stating that you do not accept the new contract with the higher service fee (google is your friend)
    3. when the epic II is available, buy the phone on new subscriber discount and port your number back in.
    4. profit?
    08-31-2011 11:07 AM
    You should let them know before you port out as a precaution.
    You need to wait 45 days before you are consider a new customer with a new customer pricing.
    08-31-2011 11:09 AM
    i posted this on another thread How much are you paying for the Epic 4G Touch?

but basically.. i just called customer serv.. asked nicely that i wanted to upgrade early.. but i still have 1 yr to go.. they did a upgrade eligibility reset for me.. and now i can upgrade immediately... (as a one time courtesy.. so they said)

thanks sprint!
    08-31-2011 12:15 PM

but basically.. i just called customer serv.. asked nicely that i wanted to upgrade early.. but i still have 1 yr to go.. they did a upgrade eligibility reset for me.. and now i can upgrade immediately... (as a one time courtesy.. so they said)

thanks sprint!
    Seriously? You just asked nicely? I've never upgraded early so maybe they'll let me... I'd much rather do this because i have no idea what the others said above...
    08-31-2011 12:18 PM
    Who should I call to attempt to get an early upgrade?
    EDIT: Did a chat with a representative and he said to call telesales on release day and ask for an early upgrade. I'll only be 15 days out so I hope they let me grab it early.
    08-31-2011 12:49 PM

thanks sprint!
    I was wondering what number you called. I just got off the phone w/ a sprint rep and he said they stopped doing early upgrades.( now im guessing its a lie) My upgrade is 6 months away, so should I keep callin?
    08-31-2011 06:16 PM
    Due to the new policy from Sprint, does that mean that my upgrade that is available in December 1st of this year will be bumped back a year?
    08-31-2011 06:29 PM
    Due to the new policy from Sprint, does that mean that my upgrade that is available in December 1st of this year will be bumped back a year?
    If you are referring to the yearly upgrades for premier customer it would be a yes if you are not a Gold Premier (10+ year) customer.
    08-31-2011 07:49 PM
    If you are referring to the yearly upgrades for premier customer it would be a yes if you are not a Gold Premier (10+ year) customer.
    Okay nevermind, then my upgrade is still on the first of December
    08-31-2011 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD