1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Default Early upgrade to get SII?

I just joined this forum just because I heard the SII is now out and I really want it from Sprint.

My contract doesn't expire until march of 2012. What do you think my chances are for an early upgrade? And does anyone know what strategies I could use to get one?

Thanks

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Early upgrade to get SII??

1. Port your number out to a pre paid phone service, instantally cancelling your contract
    2. When the ETF comes, complain, stating that you do not accept the new contract with the higher service fee (google is your friend)
    3. when the epic II is available, buy the phone on new subscriber discount and port your number back in.
    4. profit?
    Motorola Bag Phone--> Motorola Brick Phone--> Motorola Thick Flip Phone-->Motorola Star Tac--->Nokia 5510--->Nextel i90-->Treo600-->treo650-->treo700p--->treo755p--->treo800w--->EPIC 4G-->Samsung Infuse-->Galaxy Nexus GSM

You should let them know before you port out as a precaution.
    You need to wait 45 days before you are consider a new customer with a new customer pricing.

i posted this on another thread How much are you paying for the Epic 4G Touch?

but basically.. i just called customer serv.. asked nicely that i wanted to upgrade early.. but i still have 1 yr to go.. they did a upgrade eligibility reset for me.. and now i can upgrade immediately... (as a one time courtesy.. so they said)

thanks sprint!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boxta View Post

but basically.. i just called customer serv.. asked nicely that i wanted to upgrade early.. but i still have 1 yr to go.. they did a upgrade eligibility reset for me.. and now i can upgrade immediately... (as a one time courtesy.. so they said)

thanks sprint!
    Seriously? You just asked nicely? I've never upgraded early so maybe they'll let me... I'd much rather do this because i have no idea what the others said above...

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Who should I call to attempt to get an early upgrade?
    EDIT: Did a chat with a representative and he said to call telesales on release day and ask for an early upgrade. I'll only be 15 days out so I hope they let me grab it early.
    Last edited by garrettfarnum; 08-31-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boxta View Post

thanks sprint!
    I was wondering what number you called. I just got off the phone w/ a sprint rep and he said they stopped doing early upgrades.( now im guessing its a lie) My upgrade is 6 months away, so should I keep callin?

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Due to the new policy from Sprint, does that mean that my upgrade that is available in December 1st of this year will be bumped back a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    Due to the new policy from Sprint, does that mean that my upgrade that is available in December 1st of this year will be bumped back a year?
    If you are referring to the yearly upgrades for premier customer it would be a yes if you are not a Gold Premier (10+ year) customer.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by whatsitsname View Post
    If you are referring to the yearly upgrades for premier customer it would be a yes if you are not a Gold Premier (10+ year) customer.
    Okay nevermind, then my upgrade is still on the first of December