Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default No BB Preorder Yet. Did Mine at SRINT. No Mail in Rebate Required

Surprisingly, neither BB or RS had pre-order info today so I did mine at the corporate SPRINT store.

Paid the $50, got the little yellow gift card thing and I'll be back on the 16th.

Confirmed that there is no mail in rebate thing required.

Default Re: No BB Preorder Yet. Did Mine at SRINT. No Mail in Rebate Requ

Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    Surprisingly, neither BB or RS had pre-order info today so I did mine at the corporate SPRINT store.

Paid the $50, got the little yellow gift card thing and I'll be back on the 16th.

Confirmed that there is no mail in rebate thing required.
    Good news on no MIR. This may be a silly question, but can you use the $50 towards the final purchase of the phone on release? Some weird little voice in my head keeps saying "you have to use the gift card in the store on accessories or something else sucker". I'd like to shut that voice up.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

You sure can use it on the phone price...I asked before finalizing the preorder
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    You sure can use it on the phone price...I asked before finalizing the preorder
    Good to know... I'll be heading down to my sprint store sometime today then!

i just called my sprint store said not doing preorders yet

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    Yeah the press release did say "any participating Sprint store".

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Going down today to get mine after doctors ... I hope they come earlier then the 16th

I preordered one yesterday at the Sprint store. This is the first time I've ever preordered a phone, can someone fill me in on the process? Do they call you? Is there the possibility of getting it earlier than the 16th (is there a precedent for that type of thing?)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

You will not get it till the 16th....I always call a week and a half ahead of time and actually make an appointment.

I Stopped by AT&T to check out infuse again love that screen.
    From there I went to Sprint Corp Store pre order went down I'm holding 50.00 yellow gift card

Now to the question,
    I'm eligible for 1 year upgrade credit 75.00 do I get the instant rebate as well?
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

The instant rebates are phone specific so yes, you will get the instant savings.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    Tell them to read their corporate email
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I Stopped by AT&T to check out infuse again love that screen.
    From there I went to Sprint Corp Store pre order went down I'm holding 50.00 yellow gift card

Now to the question,
    I'm eligible for 1 year upgrade credit 75.00 do I get the instant rebate as well?
    Negative.....only with a full upgrade
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Likely a question better phoned into sprint but anyone here ever return a phone within the 30 day window? I bought a Photon 10 days ago for $99 and Its nice but its not cutting it for me. I'm assuming I'll have to pay the $100 dollar difference obviously, and possibly a $35 dollar restocking fee. Are they a stickler on that restocking fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Likely a question better phoned into sprint but anyone here ever return a phone within the 30 day window? I bought a Photon 10 days ago for $99 and Its nice but its not cutting it for me. I'm assuming I'll have to pay the $100 dollar difference obviously, and possibly a $35 dollar restocking fee. Are they a stickler on that restocking fee?
    Depends on whoever handles your return. I returned my Photon yesteray and was not charged a restocking fee, but even if I was another CS representative had agreed to remove the restock fee from my bill afterwards. So even if you do get charged you can always contact Sprint CS directly and talk them into waiving it.
    Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity.

Can you pre-order online and do a self activation? I would rather not have to deal with the Sprint store people. Better yet if they do the Premier Early order sales like they did for the photon.

Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_elusive View Post
    Can you pre-order online and do a self activation? I would rather not have to deal with the Sprint store people. Better yet if they do the Premier Early order sales like they did for the photon.

Dr.
    There is no online pre-order available at this time, but you can order it online or via telesales when it is released. As for the Premier early ordering there is currently no word on that just yet, but when I did my pre-order for the Photon I ended up getting it about two days after the official release so it made no difference. I did my pre-order today and it was pretty hassle free aside from the fact that I had to inform them that pre-ordering was in effect.
    Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity.
    sndplace likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Can't imagine why it would be any different than any other phone...which means you should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by FearFormsFunction View Post
    aside from the fact that I had to inform them that pre-ordering was in effect.
    LOL! Sad really. Boggles the mind how clueless these guys can be sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    LOL! Sad really. Boggles the mind how clueless these guys can be sometimes.
    Same thing happened with Best Buy last year when I did my pre-order for the Evo. Ha.

If i were to order the GSII via online...does the 30-day window start the day i purchase it, the day i receive it in the mail or the day i activate it?

Also, if i decide i want to return it...can i take it to an official sprint store or do i have to mail it back in to Sprint?

Quote Originally Posted by RyTyFern View Post
    If i were to order the GSII via online...does the 30-day window start the day i purchase it, the day i receive it in the mail or the day i activate it?

Also, if i decide i want to return it...can i take it to an official sprint store or do i have to mail it back in to Sprint?
    The 30 day window starts the day you activate it at least that's the way it worked for me when I returned my Photon because it took a while for me to receive it due to scheduling issues with UPS. If you decide to return it you may return it at the Sprint store as long as the phone is undamaged and you have the box and accessories that came with the phone originally.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I am going to buy a phone next week and sign a new contract and then reserve a Galaxy II and then return my "other" phone and swap it to the Galaxy II. Avoiding the 36 upgrade fee and the 350 ETF. Because my contract will be signed before the new fee;s kick in!!!!!!!

Maybe not lol, at work if I sell five Galaxy II's , I get a free one!!!
    Last edited by boggs3010; 09-01-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

If I upgrade and purchase a GSII at a Sprint store, then take it home to activate the phone myself, will I still be charged an upgrade fee?

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by cpuOahu View Post
    If I upgrade and purchase a GSII at a Sprint store, then take it home to activate the phone myself, will I still be charged an upgrade fee?
    Interesting . Im not sure they would do that. best to call customer service and ask. But i think unless you buy it out right they have to activate it..

LOL @FearF,F.... When i went to get my gift card for mine the CSR said to me " we're not doing that for that phone , you can just come on release day and pick one up." I told her that it said only to come in and do this , she then said she would ask but they only do that for big release phones and for high demand ones. lol I gues where i live here noby wants ones...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast