Question on the SGS2 Epic 4G Touch Lock Screen

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Been hoping to find a video on the SGS2s lock screen for the Sprint version. Havent seen one yet. Will it be a swipe gesture of the entire screen upon pressing the power button?

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The lockscreen will be a full screen image that you swipe off. If you don't like it you can download agile lock from the market. It is a sense 3.0 based lockscreen. I am currently using it on my htc hero.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah from the oodles of TouchWiz 4.0 videos I've watched, the lock screen will likely be one of the first things that goes. I'll be installing WidgetLocker straight away. Agile looks nice but from the reviews I read it looks like it could use some polish. Either way, there are some nice lock screen replacements out there.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
But dont the lock screen replacement apps, especially widgetlocker, drain lot of battery juice?? I read it in some widgetlocker review a year or so ago that it was bad on battery life. Has it been improved since then?

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i've had widgetlocker since 2 years when i got my first android the htc hero. The app is pretty good on power consumption, the main problem i had was with responsiveness. With newer faster processors this is no longer a big issue. i dont use it on my epic because i dont mind the lockscreen on it by default, but i tried it out and its blazingly quick on it. I havent used it long term on my epic though, so dont know if maybe now with newer updates it eats more battery.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there any other lock screen app available other than widgetlocker and agile??

I recently saw a video of a lock screen app where you swipe the lock widget from left to right is a semi circular fashion at the bottom of the screen. On its semi circular shape path are the icons of apps, like camera, phone etc and depending on where you let go of it, it opens the corresponding app. On the top was the clock and weather widgets, and if you click on a little sound icon, it opens a small area where you can mute the device etc. I forgot where I saw this video and what was the name of the app. Does anyone else remember?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any other lock screen app available other than widgetlocker and agile??

I recently saw a video of a lock screen app where you swipe the lock widget from left to right is a semi circular fashion at the bottom of the screen. On its semi circular shape path are the icons of apps, like camera, phone etc and depending on where you let go of it, it opens the corresponding app. On the top was the clock and weather widgets, and if you click on a little sound icon, it opens a small area where you can mute the device etc. I forgot where I saw this video and what was the name of the app. Does anyone else remember?

That sounds a lot like WidgetLocker.

Did the swipe area look something like this? Samsung Galaxy S2 & Go Launcher EX - YouTube

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
cool thing about widget locker is that u can choose from many types of lock options, like sense, samsung, vanilla android, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463