Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email client

I heard the email client on the Galaxy S2 does not have the option to select all your emails and delete them at the same time. Does anyone know if the epic touch has the same issue?

Default Re: Email client

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    I heard the email client on the Galaxy S2 does not have the option to select all your emails and delete them at the same time. Does anyone know if the epic touch has the same issue?
    If the issue is true on European GS2 phones (I don't know because I never played around with the phone), then it will likely persist on the US version because it is the same software.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think it's a Samsung issue as my wife's epic 4G and stepson's Infuse does not have the option to select, and delete multiple emails.

I heard about the same issue in a pocketnow video. It pretty much seals it that I won't be able to use samsung email client then, as I receive lot of unwanted emails which don't always get filtered as span and ability to select multiple emails and be able to delete them is must.

My another concern is that european GS2 did not draw/refresh home screen quickly enough for a smooth experience when going back to home from an app [ ].. I just hope Sprint GSII would have some software tweaks and hope further that this is just a TW4.0 issue!!!

There are other apps for email if stock doesn't do what you want

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by antianalog View Post
    There are other apps for email if stock doesn't do what you want

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Can you, please recommend one that will allow you to select all emails and delete them.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Thats weird because we have that now on the GS1 so why take that out. Maybe they fix that issue or theires something is the settings. It looks to take 5+ seconds to delete but its also refreshing so it might be looking for new email and thats why it takes a little long to delete...

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Are you talking about deleting everything or selecting multiple individual emails and deleting them together?

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    Are you talking about deleting everything or selecting multiple individual emails and deleting them together?
    If this was for me ? Yes . On my Epic i can open my email and it has little boxes on the side to tap and delete multiple emails but in the video the GSII does not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    Can you, please recommend one that will allow you to select all emails and delete them.
    MailDroid. Works great for me, and there's a free version too.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFlorida View Post
    MailDroid. Works great for me, and there's a free version too.
    MailDroid is good substitute email app and it has the option to select all emails, and delete them at once. The only option I did not see is the option to not delete the emails on the server, but I can work with it. It was also very easy to setup.

k9 mail is also good. also it makes ur emails show up instantly like gmail, but it also consumes more battery bc it constantly polling.