This is one example of why I wanted NFC in my next device!!

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Or walking up to a soda machine, holding up my phone, and getting a beverage dispensed...as I saw in Japan a decade ago.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are we sure the Sprint version wont get NFC? I saw some unofficial reports that the ATT and TMobile version got NFC but still doesnt sound for sure for them either.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Are we sure the Sprint version wont get NFC? I saw some unofficial reports that the ATT and TMobile version got NFC but still doesnt sound for sure for them either.

So far, it kinds sounds sure, since there was no mention of NFC in FCC documents for E4GT. But we will know for sure in about one week.

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys really trust the phone companies with your money? There are no laws in place to protect your money from them as we have with banks and credit card companies. They can pretty much do what they want and no one will help you. Laws are still being put in place to protect us from phone companies with our phones.

Yes this technology is pretty old now. Remember we used to have key chains to swipe at gas stations and small businesses. It failed miserably.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys really trust the phone companies with your money? There are no laws in place to protect your money from them as we have with banks and credit card companies. They can pretty much do what they want and no one will help you. Laws are still being put in place to protect us from phone companies with our phones.

Yes this technology is pretty old now. Remember we used to have key chains to swipe at gas stations and small businesses. It failed miserably.

You are right, but NFC has some uses other than those involving money and payments, like the one linked to in original post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol