High Resolution Question

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks can you help me with this. Since the Gs2 will have a fairly low resolution screen will that affect the quality of the HD games, movies, videos that we view on the phone? This is a very big concern for me.

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt say it had a low resolution at all. The only resolution at this point on an android device that is higher is qhd which is only one step above. It has the same resolution as the old school evo but with a much much more vibrant screen.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Although I am not much concerned about the resolution, does anyone have any experience comparatively how much more of a web page can you see if you are using a qHD display?

MediaMonkey

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
One idea is to just look up some YouTube videos on the ATT Sensation, its a Sammy phone that has the same 4.5" SAMOLED screen that the Epic Touch has, with the same resolution. Basically, the Epic Touch is the Sensation, but with all new internals, so what you see in those videos will give you a better idea of what web pages and such will look on the Epic. Hope this helps.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally, after having an EVO 3D and a Photon, both of which have 540 x 960 qHD screens, I found everything on them to be too damn small.;

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site
One idea is to just look up some YouTube videos on the ATT Sensation, its a Sammy phone that has the same 4.5" SAMOLED screen that the Epic Touch has, with the same resolution. Basically, the Epic Touch is the Sensation, but with all new internals, so what you see in those videos will give you a better idea of what web pages and such will look on the Epic. Hope this helps.

Uhhh you mean the Samsung Infuse?? The screen will look great on the GS2!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I believe it's Infuse 4G. But yes I believe they have the same screen

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Its the same... And if you thought that Spider was scary wait till you see it on this one. It will burst out of the screen when trying to squat it. it will get that lady back for screaming like a maniac;)

dolomatt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally, after having an EVO 3D and a Photon, both of which have 540 x 960 qHD screens, I found everything on them to be too damn small.;

I agree 100%. It's so frustrating sometimes(all the time) I am always hitting the wrong links. The narrow screen on the evo 3d doesn't help things either.

Today I boxed up my og evo 4g to a buyer and when I was flashing back to stock rom I really started to miss it. The keyboard is just so small on the 3d compared to the og.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks can you help me with this. Since the Gs2 will have a fairly low resolution screen will that affect the quality of the HD games, movies, videos that we view on the phone? This is a very big concern for me.
I posted this on an another thread, but it really applies here too:

I took a screenshot of a comparison between the Atrix (4.3" 540x960, same screen as the Photon) and the Infuse (4.5" 480x800, same res as S2)...everything is just 'bigger' with less content :(:

compare.png

bodymassage5

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I posted this on an another thread, but it really applies here too:

I took a screenshot of a comparison between the Atrix (4.3" 540x960, same screen as the Photon) and the Infuse (4.5" 480x800, same res as S2)...everything is just 'bigger' with less content :(:

compare.png

What's up with the Infuse's colors? Is the brightness just down? Cause I thought the Super Amoled Plus display was supposed to be much more vibrant and contrasty than that.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks to me as though the infuse (does look like it's turned down) is much more legible...at least for my 54 year old eyes :)

Plus, typing will be easier on the larger real estate screen. I had a Photon and an EVO 3D with qHD and even though I am a photographer, to be honest, It was more of a pain for me....or for my eyes and typing I should say.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks to me as though the infuse (does look like it's turned down) is much more legible...at least for my 54 year old eyes :)

Plus, typing will be easier on the larger real estate screen. I had a Photon and an EVO 3D with qHD and even though I am a photographer, to be honest, It was more of a pain for me....or for my eyes and typing I should say.

That's good to hear! I'm also a photographer and had been wondering about the resolution as well. I also think the lower resolution will mean larger (more legible) text which will be a great thing. I did worry about how photos will look on it though... but from everything I've read and seen about the SAMOLED+ screens, I don't think we'll have to worry much. :)

Can't wait till the phone arrives!

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend with an infuse and his photos look superb on that screen which is a little older than the new 12 subpixel (it had 8) that this phone now uses.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The resolution between the Infuse and the new SGS2 is the same but the vibrancy is much much different. The SGS2's screen makes the infuse screen look washed out. Just look up "epic 4g touch" on youtube and check out the first link. The guy points out that the screen on the SGS2 epic looks miles better than the Infuse. Also, the Infuses screen is 4.3" compared to the SGS2 Epic's 4.5". And, I've seen the Photon and Evo 3d's screen and it doesn't hold a candle to my old Epic's screen. Those screens looked washed out! Samsung will always have the edge in screen vibrancy.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The resolution between the Infuse and the new SGS2 is the same but the vibrancy is much much different. The SGS2's screen makes the infuse screen look washed out. Just look up "epic 4g touch" on youtube and check out the first link. The guy points out that the screen on the SGS2 epic looks miles better than the Infuse. Also, the Infuses screen is 4.3" compared to the SGS2 Epic's 4.5". And, I've seen the Photon and Evo 3d's screen and it doesn't hold a candle to my old Epic's screen. Those screens looked washed out! Samsung will always have the edge in screen vibrancy.

I'm pretty sure the infuse has a 4.5" screen also. Just saying.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Infuse and the E4GT both use the same 4.5" SAMOLED Plus screen. There shouldn't be a stitch of difference between the two. It's the same make and model from the same manufacturer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance