Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review - Part 1

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Video is Meh...but hopefully this means we'll see some real reviews soon.

Hehe I don't disagree, but at least it's something to wet our whistles.

Even this guy is hung up on WVGA vs. qHD. Yet he fails to mention that the SAMOLED+ screen has 50% more sub-pixels. Ah well, I'm not going to get into the resolution debate again.

Nice to see the Mali-400MP GPU on the Quadrant system information. Some visual confirmation there, along with the ARMv7 architecture on the CPU. Definitely the Exynos 4210 SOC running in there.

3K+ Quadrant is in line with International benchmarks.

I'm looking forward to more phones getting into more reviewer's hands.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Two things to notice in the video are quadrant saw only one of the two cores and smartbench 2011 didn't install on the device. Does anyone know if internation GSII had same behavior with these apps? If not, then what changed here?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Two things to notice in the video are quadrant saw only one of the two cores and smartbench 2011 didn't install on the device. Does anyone know if internation GSII had same behavior with these apps? If not, then what changed here?

Quadrant only showing one core is expected, but Smartbench 2011 has been run on the International version. Samsung Galaxy S 2 Smartbench 2011 test - YouTube

Not sure why the guy couldn't install it. Maybe he goofed somehow. Or maybe it doesn't play nice with something Sprint installed. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just goes to show how interested I am in this phone that I watched that whole video. Didn't hear half of what he said, but I was interested in the specs and the quadrant was interesting. As far as the screen goes I only care if I like the way it looks and to me it's gorgeous.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i just wanna keep watching that video with the sound off just to get some good looks at my new phone. lol

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That phone is completely unbranded on the front. It doesn't even say Samsung like all of the ones at the release event. I hope they do this on the production model. It makes the front look so clean!

Reactions: expertzero1