Order through Wal Mart with trade in

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Wal Mart is taking pre-orders for the Epic 4G Touch. price is $154.99, and they will take trade in's. My Evo 4G was worth $71.47. Final cost after rebate, $83.52.

You have to pay the $154.99 for the phone and mail your trade in after you receive your new phone. 2-4 weeks later, you will receive a check for the trade in value of your phone. A few extra steps to take, but paying $83.52 for this phone is a great deal.

Popup for Price Too Low To Show

Last edited:

dcraig

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm eligible for a $75 upgrade and currently have an Epic 4G. I want the Epic Touch 4G really bad! Any advice on what I could do and still get a good price on the ET4G?

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Your ETF is prorated. You can call and pay off the contract or try this Get out of your HTC EVO contract, ETF-free. I would recommended calling SPRINT. They may allow you to pay less to pay off account or you may get lucky and use the breach of contract clause. I am also only eligible for the $75. I bought my EVO on launch day and missed out on the chance to get my last yearly $150 upgrade before they changed Premier status to GOLD and SILVER. I called back before the PHOTON launched and they were going to let me add $75 to my next bill to reset my upgrade status. The ETF did change, I searched it on SPRINT's site. It only applies to new accounts. Your current phone still has the prorated $200 ETF.

dcraig

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, so what do you plan on doing? I think I'm going to sell my epic + $75 upgrade and a sprint supervisor told me they would credit one month of my bill towards the phone...

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, so what do you plan on doing? I think I'm going to sell my epic + $75 upgrade and a sprint supervisor told me they would credit one month of my bill towards the phone...

You can open another contract and buy the phone for $199. Pay the ETF of about $120 + or - ( assuming your contract is about a year old base on the $75 credit). Sell the Epic 4g, which should about cover the cost of the ETF. Port out your old phone to a cheap prepaid first if you intend to keep your number.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Your ETF is prorated. You can call and pay off the contract or try this Get out of your HTC EVO contract, ETF-free. I would recommended calling SPRINT. They may allow you to pay less to pay off account or you may get lucky and use the breach of contract clause. I am also only eligible for the $75. I bought my EVO on launch day and missed out on the chance to get my last yearly $150 upgrade before they changed Premier status to GOLD and SILVER. I called back before the PHOTON launched and they were going to let me add $75 to my next bill to reset my upgrade status. The ETF did change, I searched it on SPRINT's site. It only applies to new accounts. Your current phone still has the prorated $200 ETF.

I am on the same boat like you and the cheapest way to go is pay my $90.00 etf, close the account and open a new one to get the phone at $199.00 price. The are giving me $125.00 for my evo thus only paying $75.00 plus $36.00 activation fee for new Phone. Walmart offer was good but only offered $72.00 trade in and would not get phone till monday 19th even with overnight shipping. I am leary of wirefly's feedback and signing a contract ith them on top of Sprint on the phone. I tried the etf waive due to change in admin fee 3xs but, no luck. That $75.00 upgrade can only be applied to the full retail price $500.00 and not the $199.00 new customer or full upgrade eligibility after 18 months.

Good luck.

Ian B

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
They make you sign 2 more years for a $75 upgrade?!?!?!

I'm on the same boat as you! I got my Epic at the end of September last year so my $75 upgrade just kicked in beginning of this month. I tried calling retention and asking for an early upgrade but that promotion was terminated in July. Evo 3D owners got lucky there! So, I have no idea what to do. I'm keeping my Epic since it is my first smartphone and been working absolutely great for me. I'm sending it to Samsung to get the vibration fixed since it doesn't work. I will be gold status next year so canceling my contract is not an option for me. I will most likely wait for one of you guys to buy your Epic 4g Touch and jump you as you walk out of a store and take this wonderful phone and claim it as my own....hehehe!! j/k!

I'm going to be calling retention throughout this week and beg them for an early upgrade!! I've never asked for one so its only fair that they grant it to me! Damn it!! :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1