Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No headphones included with the phone?

On letstalk website, on the checkout page, there is a section saying whats included in the box and it says - Standard Battery, Wall Charger, Getting Started Guide, USB Cable. No mention of headphones. Does that mean we won't be getting it in the box?? I remember Epic 4G came with real good quality headphones and I was expecting something similar from E4GT.

Default Re: No headphones included with the phone??

That's the same with a lot of phones now. They're always ****ty headphones that you'll never use, so why worry about it?

response: "It just goes to show that there just after our munny! They dont care about uz!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Angry Re: No headphones included with the phone??

Quote Originally Posted by anothernewphone View Post
    That's the same with a lot of phones now. They're always ****ty headphones that you'll never use, so why worry about it?

response: "It just goes to show that there just after our munny! They dont care about uz!"
    I guess you are right!! After using Epic's earbuds, my expectations were raised a little about E4GT's earbuds and maybe thats why I am feeling it so much. Plus my current earbuds are almost ready to hit e-trash, so I would not have to drop some extra $$ to get one to use with E4GT. Why oh why???

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Default Re: No headphones included with the phone?

Seems par for the course these days. My Palm Pre came with ear buds two plus years ago, the photon I got a few weeks ago, not so much.

Kinda reminds me of when manufacturers stopped including printer cables.

Sammy gives good earbuds, both in NS4G and the Epic 4G. If this is true, I'll be sad panda. Hopefully the slew of unboxings around the corner will prove this wrong.

Most of the time included ear buds are not very good. Just use the ones you already have or buy some good ones.
    Sometimes you are the ball. Sometimes you are the pins.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

The ones that came with my Epic weren't to bad...
    But really if they are not including them its kind of a bummer but what can you do..

i just use skull candy earphones for 12 bucks

The headphones that came with my Nexus S 4G are pretty good for freebies. The best included headphones I've heard.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMonkey View Post
    Sammy gives good earbuds, both in NS4G and the Epic 4G. If this is true, I'll be sad panda. Hopefully the slew of unboxings around the corner will prove this wrong.
    I agree that the Epic 4G earbuds aren't bad. I actually use them more often than the more expensive Sony earbuds I bought prior to getting my Epic. I'll likely keep them if, when I get my Epic Touch, there aren't earbuds included.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So, in case we dont get buds in the package, is there any earbuds with mic, with decent sound and not too expensive (around $15 range)?? I am no audiophile, but still want to be able to enjoy my music and as well as the ease of hands free conversation...

I'm more upset they don't include a screen protector in the package. It's not like their are a bunch of screen protectors available by the time the phone is released so getting one that is made for the device on release day is not an easy task.

I ordered one already but if it is not here by the time the phone comes, it will just sit in the box and wait......To me, this is more upsetting.

Global Posts
    9,111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Seems par for the course these days. My Palm Pre came with ear buds two plus years ago, the photon I got a few weeks ago, not so much.

Kinda reminds me of when manufacturers stopped including printer cables.
    Yes, the idea with the printer cables is the same with headphones. They figure that a good percentage of people already have a set and wouldn't mind not getting a new pair. People are just going to re-use the existing pair or go out and purchase a better pair from a third-party.

I'm not worried at all with the phone not coming with-out headphones. It's an over-all great looking phone and if I want headphones I wouldn't mind going out and purchasing a good pair.

Who needs those? They can keep their $5 headphones. I'll stick with my Bose QuietComfort 15.

Headphones? Who needs headphones? The Galaxy SII is so advanced it beams sound directly into your brain cutting out the middle man.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Headphones? Who needs headphones? The Galaxy SII is so advanced it beams sound directly into your brain cutting out the middle man.
    I think that's in the Galaxy SVI.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

after seeing the unboxing video and seeing that it comes with the hdmi adapter , freaking keep the headphones . if anyone wants headphones look me up, Im happy with the hdmi adapter. Who does that. I love Sammy & Sprint. Not even Crapple does that wit hthe Ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    after seeing the unboxing video and seeing that it comes with the hdmi adapter , freaking keep the headphones . if anyone wants headphones look me up, Im happy with the hdmi adapter. Who does that. I love Sammy & Sprint. Not even Crapple does that wit hthe Ipad.
    Seriously. Those headphones are nothing compared to an official Samsung mhl adapter. Keep your oblong and uncomfortable headphones. BTW to the dude asking for a screen protector... I've never ever heard of any cell phone that comes with a screen protector.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

The headphones included with any phone are the definition of horrible..

Do yourself a favor and spend $50 or so on some nice earbuds, or a few hundred on some good headphones. Your ears will thank you

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by cachorropedorro View Post
    Seriously. Those headphones are nothing compared to an official Samsung mhl adapter. Keep your oblong and uncomfortable headphones. BTW to the dude asking for a screen protector... I've never ever heard of any cell phone that comes with a screen protector.
    Not understanding? I wasn't saying I wanted the headphones. So Seriously what.

I must agree, never once used a pair of headphones that shipped with any device. Purchased a pair of Skull Candy FMJs with an inline mic and never been happier. Found a new pair cheap on Amazon. I could care less on the SGSIIET4G coming with out them.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

HDMI adaptor = Something i don't already own
    Headphones = Something I have to many of
    Therefor HDMI adaptor > Headphones

Am so lost is that hdmi cable the same as the mhl cable needed for mirroring...or do u need to get an extra adapter for mirroring?

Here is an unboxing. No headphones, but does confirm HDMI adapter.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch For Sprint Unboxing, Hands-On & First Impressions

I have seen the video , but just dont know if the hdmi cable is the same as the mhl adapter needed for mirroring, or are they two separate things and I lla have to spend an extra $30 or so to buy it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast