Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Reasons you dont want the Epic 4g Touch

im planning on getting this phone but i dont want to regret getting it so i decided to open a thread for people to list all the things they dont like about this phone and reasons why people are thinking twice about getting it

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Android Revo HD

Default Re: Reasons you dont want the Epic 4g Touch

The non existing Prime is my reason...that and I don't have an upgrade, lol.

I'm getting it but don't like that it's not WebOS. Also wish it had a real keypad. Other than those 2 things nothing wrong that I can see.
    Sometimes you are the ball. Sometimes you are the pins.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    Also wish it had a real keypad.
    I thought the same thing when I skipped the Evo for the Epic. While I love my Epic, I don't use the physical keyboard enough to insist that my next phone has one. I'm planning on getting the SGSIIE4GT when it's released.
    dcvanderbush and lopies like this.

ROM
    unrooted

I'm going to go ahead and test this one out...never been a big Sammy fan but this phone could change that...if it doesn't live up to the hype hopefully the iPhone 5 is released soon after and I'll be trading it in... I love Android software but there's no competition when it comes to Apple hardware

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

i made a preorder on wirefly but canceled that one to make a preorder on letstalk (4 dollars more for overnight shipping) but then i reconsidered and im gonna cancel it because id rather wait til the iphone5 and prime come out so i can see what it is. im currently with an evo3d and its pretty good as it is. id rather not waste my upgrade and be stuck with the same technology i already have. id rather save it for the next tier. so i might wait for the sgs3 if need be. evo3d should tie me over til at least to the summer.

Takes too long to say the name - Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch

But really because I don't have Sprint anymore
    sndplace likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Takes too long to say the name - Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch

But really because I don't have Sprint anymore
    Yeah, the name is ridiculous. Would love to see the execs that sat around the table and where like, that's a great name.........

Anyway, I am going to rename my phone when I get it. Wait for it, here it goes....... I am going to call it the Samsung Galaxy S2!

I encourage everyone else to do the same, it just makes you sound smarter!
    kyt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ace_spades View Post
    I love Android software but there's no competition when it comes to Apple hardware

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    In my opinion this statement is backwards.

Apple is usually the choice due to software certainly not hardware. I mean Apple is usually bested in the hardware area shortly after release, assuming it had a hardware lead at all. Apple is usually the choice for the non-tech/gadget person that just want's a phone or computer to work and could care less about it being customizable. They want stable and easy...this to me is the only thing Apple has going for it.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Lousy GPS? I used my friends Infuse the other day and it's GPS is very slow when compared to my EVO. Is Samsung this bad at GPS or is HTC that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post

Apple is usually the choice due to software certainly not hardware. I mean Apple is usually bested in the hardware area shortly after release, assuming it had a hardware lead at all. Apple is usually the choice for the non-tech/gadget person that just want's a phone or computer to work and could care less about it being customizable. They want stable and easy...this to me is the only thing Apple has going for it.
    I think he meant design. Apple spends a lot of time & money on it. Android manufacturers? Not so much.

While i will likely end up with this phone, I am concerned about the size, it might be bigger then i like. Also it will be hard for me to convert from WebOS. I have used android before and i do like it. I just like WebOS better. Also i hear Samsung is slow with updates. If that's true it will annoy me. My last phone (pre) got Ignored after release.

Dr.

As a consumer we really only have one way of voicing our opinions to a manufacturer. That is to purchase their product or not. I am really displeased with Samsung or the US carries (not sure who’s to blame) for making us wait so long while the rest of the civilized world gets the GS2. Then they bring us an enlarged version that I'm not really as pleased to see as the original.

This phone is currently the best phone on the US market and I need a new phone. I'd prefer to not cast my vote in favor of screwing the US market but I have few remaining options.

Quote Originally Posted by fergus420 View Post
    Lousy GPS? I used my friends Infuse the other day and it's GPS is very slow when compared to my EVO. Is Samsung this bad at GPS or is HTC that good?
    I think all the first generation Galaxy S's had GPS issues. The Galaxy SII does not. Some videos show it locking on faster than other devices next to it.
    sndplace likes this.

I'm going with it but a little worried.
    Its been investigated & found to be sporting the Scorpion chipset that's known to self destruct after 120 days of solid use.
    Am I scared? Yes
    Should you be? I don't care
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

10char

Quote Originally Posted by fergus420 View Post

Thanked by:
    dat 
    sndplace likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I'm going with it but a little worried.
    Its been investigated & found to be sporting the Scorpion chipset that's known to self destruct after 120 days of solid use.
    Am I scared? Yes
    Should you be? I don't care
    Wtf is a scorpion chipset?

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

No center/home button like the Euro version Looks like all other slab Android phones.
    mapleleaf14#AC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    Wtf is a scorpion chipset?
    The post was a joke I figured hehe haha reply but yours is ok
    So many including myself figured Sammy was going to use a snap chip in US version

Scorpion
    ozzyoztech likes this.

I've read/seen several reviews claiming that the Infuse screen looks less sharp than the Euro GSII. Will the Epic 4G Touch suffer that same fate as it is also 4.5"? The screen is theoretically identical to the Infuse screen, right?

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Saear View Post
    As a consumer we really only have one way of voicing our opinions to a manufacturer. That is to purchase their product or not. I am really displeased with Samsung or the US carries (not sure whos to blame) for making us wait so long while the rest of the civilized world gets the GS2. Then they bring us an enlarged version that I'm not really as pleased to see as the original.

This phone is currently the best phone on the US market and I need a new phone. I'd prefer to not cast my vote in favor of screwing the US market but I have few remaining options.
    But you can say the same for many other phones and now tablets. It always been this way. Alot of things go over seas first b4 coming here. Video games and systems is one example. they are made over seas so it natural for them to get them first.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto phenom View Post
    No center/home button like the Euro version Looks like all other slab Android phones.
    IMO its because we associate the 4 buttons better here with Android then overseas. I hate Apple and anything that looks like Apple. I don't think i would like this if it came with one but then again if it did come with it i may have still gotten it because its Sammy.
    Apple is great product but i dont like the way its operates and seems to be to much and over rated. I don't like walking around and having the same as everyone else either... i loved webos but since last year coming of to Android i can't see myself leaving.Unless Bada takes off

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    IMO its because we associate the 4 buttons better here with Android then overseas. I hate Apple and anything that looks like Apple. I don't think i would like this if it came with one but then again if it did come with it i may have still gotten it because its Sammy.
    Apple is great product but i dont like the way its operates and seems to be to much and over rated. I don't like walking around and having the same as everyone else either... i loved webos but since last year coming of to Android i can't see myself leaving.Unless Bada takes off
    I know that's probably the reason. Makes sense. But it just makes it hard to differentiate Android devices. They all look the same, which is good for OS branding, I suppose, bad for individuality. Regardless of it's similarities to the iPhone, I just think the Euro version is a much sleeker look. Doesn't matter though, I'm still getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto phenom View Post
    I know that's probably the reason. Makes sense. But it just makes it hard to differentiate Android devices. They all look the same, which is good for OS branding, I suppose, bad for individuality. Regardless of it's similarities to the iPhone, I just think the Euro version is a much sleeker look. Doesn't matter though, I'm still getting it.
    I'm with you. I've always felt the US versions are dumbed/watered down by comparison. Same goes for our cars.

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
    Anyway, I am going to rename my phone when I get it. Wait for it, here it goes....... I am going to call it the Samsung Galaxy S2!

I encourage everyone else to do the same, it just makes you sound smarter!
    I think I'm just going to call mine (when I get it) the Epic Touch 4G, or just ET for short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post

And I think what ace_spades meant was the build quality of the phone itself. Maybe not the actual components inside that power it. I'm not a big Apple fan, but I do love the feel of the iPhone 4.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast