How much will it be for those not eligible for upgrade yet?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had my EVO 4G since launch and according to Sprint, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until about 4/10/2012. (Premier Silver = getting it in the neck now.) If I wanted to hop onto the Galaxy S 2, how much would it cost? All the threads I've seen seem to be for new or 2nd line users. Thanks.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So with the cruddy $75 "rebate" and activation plus 6% tax it will be almost $542? Well, no phone for me then. I can't even re-up my contract for 2 years? Drat.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So with the cruddy $75 "rebate" and activation plus 6% tax it will be almost $542? Well, no phone for me then. I can't even re-up my contract for 2 years? Drat.

some people have had luck calling in and asking to get an upgrade cause the new Premier rules made them ineligible. Might try that...but in a nice sort of way.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Price should be $499. You have a couple of options. You can either sell your EVO on eBay for like $175 - $200 if it's in good condition. Then you're only paying about $299 for it, which is reasonable.

Other you can buy your way out of your Sprint contract for $200 then sign up for a new contract for one of the deals. Of course Sprint would have to approve it and in the end you'd end up paying the same.

Either way, it's not as bad as you think unless your EVO is crappy shape like mine. Luckily I didn't burn my upgrade on it.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My EVO is in pretty good shape - I've kept it in a Body Glove case and despite being dropped TWICE onto pavement from 4-5 feet up it looks mint when wiped down with a microfiber cloth - and if I wasn't fed the [sexual intercourse] up with the chronic Low Memory errors for the past three [sex]ng months since Gingerbread came out, I wouldn't have such an [aroused state] for the GS2. I had zero interesting in the EVO 3D, but the GS2 seems pretty sweet a trade-up, but not for $500. I'll blow $250 and extend my contract another 2 years, but I can't justify five bills. It's just pathetic that the latest software basically wiped out my phone's usability.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Reading the comments on the Good & EVO site - I saw this story when it first ran - makes it sound like a PITMFA to wrangle a deal and frankly the "eat it or GTFO" option doesn't appeal to me because no other carrier offers the combo of price and bandwidth like Sprint. Big Red has data caps and charges royally for the privilege of being ganked, so pass on that.

While I love my EVO, I've had a problem for at least six months of it not receiving calls - sometimes up to 60% of the time - and rooting and switching to CM7 and/or having a Sprint store flash the firmware (I think it may've been the radio) didn't help. It's intermittent and in different areas so troubleshooting has been a snipe hunt. I'm so sick of getting voice mail alerts leading to angry messages from people who think I'm avoiding/ignoring/screening them when my phone never rang. Sprint has had text page issues where they'd be delayed 20 minutes to a couple of hours and despite paying the "EVO tax" for 15 months, I have experienced 4G only a few times in a certain area of the city as they take their sweet time to roll out WiMax.

I wish I could just call them up and say, "Listen, I bought a Pre on launch day and then an EVO. Since then, you've failed to roll out the 4G I've paid for, been unable to figure out what's wrong with my phone, have EOLed it, and just jacked up the profit fees allowing me to walk on the whole shooting match. How's about cutting me a deal on a new phone in order to keep a customer happy." Yeah, right. And to quote Sin City, after I pull off that miracle I'm going to go punch out God.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12