Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By oversteer325
  • 1 Post By Croathlete
  • 1 Post By Nrbelex
  • 1 Post By aaron130
  • 1 Post By STL 314
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Sprint Posted the User Guide

Default Re: Sprint Posted the User Guide

Wow. I was looking at the layout diagram, and there are some glaring errors. The diagram says the front facing camera is the notification LED, the proximity sensor is the front camera, and it calls the microphone at the bottom a speaker.

*Sigh*

Who writes these things? I was specifically looking for something on noise cancellation, but I guess I'll have to see if Samsung publishes a user guide.

also switched the labeling for home & menu

Either way still cant wait for this!!!!

Anyone find any previously unknown features?
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

The manual says the phone comes with a 2GB MicroSD card. That's new...
    Thanked by:
    milominderbinde likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    The manual says the phone comes with a 2GB MicroSD card. That's new...
    Yup good one. I hadn't heard about that. I'll stay in the camp of "skeptical" on this for now though, given the other inaccuracies in the manual.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Weird position for the microphone on the back of the phone. I wonder how this will affect call quality.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

That might be the elusive noise-cancellation microphone we were looking for in the Slash Gear review...

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Just to pile on... page 21 has the wrong silk-screened logos pictured, again. The real thing should only have the Samsung logo up top and the Sprint logo on back. This has both on front.

Also, "By default, your device’s 4G feature is turned off." I wonder how many people will go through the entire life of the phone never turning it on...

The USB tethering sections doesn't say anything about Sprint charging an extra rate for it. The whole section is interesting:

Tethering
    Tethered Mode allows your computer to obtain an external data connection by using the device’s wireless data services and a wired USB connection. Tap USB tethering to activate tethering mode.

Important: If you are using your device for Tethering, you may be prompted for additional drivers. The Samsung Mobile Driver for SPH-D710 contains the ADB, CDMA, & WiMAX drivers that are required for using either Tethering (Phone as a Modem) or development tools.
    Go to SAMSUNG and visit the D710 Product page, where you can navigate to the Download Center to obtain this driver.

The online FAQ also provide detailed information about this driver.

A wireless data connection can be done by using the device’s Sprint Hotspot feature.
    Following those instructions to download the drivers leads to a currently blank page: Samsung

Visible password entry is on by default

Looks like Amazon MP3 is included by default.

Here's a fun little warning message in the 3G section:
    Certain data services requests may require additional time to process. While your device is loading the requested service, the touchscreen or QWERTY keyboard may appear unresponsive when in fact they are functioning properly. Allow the device some time to process your data usage request.
    Invert color is an option in the browser.

In the camera section:
    Make sure the microSD card is installed before you use the camera or camcorder. All pictures or videos that you capture using your device are stored on the microSD card.
    That's all I see of interest - nothing too exciting...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I'm only at the beginning of te manual but I already noticed(not a huge deal) it says dial #4 or #2 for minutes or CS but as long as I've been with Sprint it's always been *2 or *4
    Thanked by:

how much internal memory does the phone have

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rambo445990 View Post
    16gb

Epic 4G Touch <------Full Specs
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rambo445990 View Post
    1Gb RAM, 16Gb internal storage, and it apparently includes a 2Gb microSD card. There's a discussion of how much of the internal storage is available to apps here.

Page 112:

If you are not satisfied with an application, you can ask for a refund within 24 hours of the purchase.
    Either this manual was written a long time ago, or someone over at Samsung knows about a new Market policy change that we don't know about

(yes, I know it's the not the latter)
    Last edited by yumyum; 09-13-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: proper quote box

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Yup good one. I hadn't heard about that. I'll stay in the camp of "skeptical" on this for now though, given the other inaccuracies in the manual.
    My Epic 4g Touch came in the mail today. There is NO SD card included with the phone

SG2E4GT os2.3.4: After reading over the guide (thanks btw) I can't figure out how to add/rename new folder/albums in the "Gallery." Context menus have no options for either. So---how does one add a new folder/album and how does one rename a folder or album?? Tks for al help
    Last edited by captfbgnet; 11-30-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling