Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Re: 18 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

Any confirmation on WIFI calling? I read somewhere that it may have been mistakenly added to the list of feature the day of the Samsung show a few weeks ago. WIFI calling would be huge for me as my house has a weak Sprint signal, so WIFI calling would be awesome!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Milo,

What are your thoughts on Sprint's service VS Verizon?

Thanks!!

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Almost always stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidHeroDoes View Post
    Phone comparison link is not working, please fix it cause I wanna see how big is the phone. It might be the factor for me to buy this phone. I dont want anything that is bigger than 4.3 inch. Thanks
    Then you don't want this phone, cuz it has a 4.52 inch screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Default Re: 20 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    That is awesome!

I just added this as the 20th Reason to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch. I have also added bunch of images to help show the features.

There is no other phone that can all that it can do.

Thank you!

Keep the ideas coming. I am looking for the cool things that you could show anyone that would make them say "wow."

We have 20- so far and we don't even have our phones yet!

Man, I sooo want this phone but im not a big fan of the 4.5" screen my buddy has the infuse 4g and his phone just seems way too big. idk can anyone sway me to the good side of a 4.5 and help me make my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_mike29 View Post
    Man, I sooo want this phone but im not a big fan of the 4.5" screen my buddy has the infuse 4g and his phone just seems way too big. idk can anyone sway me to the good side of a 4.5 and help me make my decision.
    It's a personal taste thing I'm afraid. Nothing can sway you beyond your own eyes and hands. If it's too big for you, then it's too big for you .. it's really that simple. I'd still suggest you go into a Sprint store and check one out for yourself. Hold it, swipe the screens, type on the keyboard, and see how it fits in your pocket.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I think device has voice awake.

How it works,
    After device goes into hibernation/sleep you can speak command and device wakes up.
    Pretty cool stuff
    I think I've seen this also, but I thought the guy had to double tap the phone up on top???? Wish I could find the YouTube video again, but I've seen so many s2 videos I can't even think straight.

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

How about #21...

It Is Not an iPhone.

And therefore I am not a sheep.

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Epic Mike...use it for two days and it will seem normal to you.

What I got my 30" image editing monitor it felt like a movie screen....now it seems cramped and I wish it were larger. (Referring to the image editing screen of course)

I cannot see the 20 reasons anymore in the first post. I tried on my Xoom, phone and now pc. Anyone else?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bojutt View Post
    I cannot see the 20 reasons anymore in the first post. I tried on my Xoom, phone and now pc. Anyone else?
    I can't either! I could earlier. I bookmarked the link to read later and now the original first post with the 20 reasons is gone.

Bring it back, bring it back..

how do i find the 20 reasons? I clicked on the link and simply brought me to this thread. Anyone have a link to the original article?

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Almost always stock.

The reasons disappeared.

The reasons disappeared

Apple sued for making their product look like ****.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Give us the reasons milo!!! lol

Where did it go? The original post is gone.

I thought I was just dumb, but it seems others have been having trouble finding the information too... Whew!

thats what i was thinking, just like anything that you use it will grow on you. i think i will just get it. it is a great phone (specs and all).

thanks

i think when he updated it he forgot it deleted 80% of the post or something when he added the pictures/thumbnailes

I want this phone for a simple reason - from everything I've read, it keeps everything that is good about my Droid Charge and adds/fixes everything that is missing or bad on the Charge. As frustrating as the Charge can be some times, the screen is a thing of beauty and makes the phone worth it on it's own.

With the SGS 2, I will get that same beautiful screen - plus an extra .2" of AMOLED goodness - dual core, and more importantly for me, enough RAM to actually multitask (the Charge is really crippled in that area).

I'm also assuming there will be a huge mod community for this phone. There are only a handful of ROMs for the Charge (although a couple of them are quite good), but I can imagine within 6 months there will probably be dozens of choices for this phone.

Carrier
    Stock for now

If someone could repost the link to the actual 20 Reasons that would be good. It got removed at some point over the past day or so. I'm a Photon guy looking at this one. I've got 10 days before I'm locked in so I want to fully vet this bad boy.
    scottbeamer likes this.

Global Posts
    1,455 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I thought it was just me who was suddenly not seeing the ever-growing list of reasons. Perhaps he feels that the pictures convey thousands of more relevant words.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by angrykeyboarder View Post
    Where did it go? The original post is gone.
    Sorry about the opening post being mostly deleted.

It is now restored: 20 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

Android Central now seems to log you out automatically every 60 minutes or so even if you are editing a post. And then it errors out and your text is lost. Instead of reverting to your last save, it saves what appears to be the first bit of what you are working on.

So 12 hours later, I have most everything restored.

If you get the error message that you have been logged out when you are editing, you can try to copy the content of your post window behind the error message but it may only get the first bit.

And if you have any other great features to add to this thread, please post it in the thread. This started with just 10.

Again, Sorry...
    mrpaulc and oskar1995 like this.

Carrier
    CommRom 1.2, CM7MIKE, CM9

Nice Post
    milominderbinde likes this.

It plays mkv, avi, and wmv video files natively and can handle multiple codecs without the need for a software program. It plays 720p and 1080p high profile mkv videos without having to convert them.
    milominderbinde likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast