Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree38Likes

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: 20 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by efoss View Post
    Seriously.... This phone? LEGIT!!! Kies Air is really sexy, as is the Super Amoled Screen, not to mention battery life! I bought the Epic 4G back in April, switched to 3VO in June and now I'm rockin the Epic Touch 4G! I'm telling you, this phone is probably going to stay in my pocket for quite some time!
    Me too. I love how well it is built. All my Motorola devices had light leaks! Even my Bionic. If I held my Bionic at an angle, the upper left screen let light through from the back lit panel, and as always, the bottom rim by the buttons would to (mind you these are extreme viewing angles, and under normal viewing, the Bionic had no light leaks, finally moto "almost.") The Sammy has ZERO light leaks, and that helps the screen look so brilliant no matter the light or angle.

Verizon wont let my family members in on unlimited data, so I said goodby! I am loving Sprint, and little things are showing that make me happy. I love being able to remove bloat without having to destroy my warranty. I am on Sprints hotspot and data is fast here, and reliable (more so that the 5 times I had to reboot the Bionic to restore data at school with no avail)

Even if a phone comes out with 2millimeters more screen and .300Mhz more processes or a few more pixels I could so care less you know? This phone makes me so happy. The GPU acceleration is out of this world smooth on the web with flash. I love how flash stays steady rolling, while I am scrolling ha ha lmao! Yup, this will keep me content for quite some time, and definitely through this holiday season!

Default Re: 25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

This is such a great featured phone but Samsung had to fail us on the lone major feature that we use the "smartphone" for.....SIGNAL STRENGHT....The phone is only fast as its internet connection as almost 90% of applications use the internet. It is a widely known and accepted problem that this particular device is an EPIC FAIL when it comes to gaining a usuable signal that is strong. Sprint has acknowledged the problem and is supposedly coming up with a "fix" for this. My hopes are that it can be fixed through an update and this is not the fault of Samsung's decision to use the exact same antennas that the Nexus 4g had in order to save on cost. If the phone is fixed through software then I can declare it a great product, however, as it stands it is a major FAIL!!

Epic win for me! Especially after the update!

I do miss the bouncing menus. Its gonna take a while to get used to the blue fade!

G'day,
    I am glad to join this worthy group of such knowledgeable users who are of such a keen and emphatic nature! :))
    I have used the HTC Desire for the last year and just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic (Sprint) and am wondering if other owners of the phone could answer some questions regarding the discovery of the IMEI. The usual approach is to input *#06# but I understand that only the MEID appears on this phone after the key input. Could someone confirm a key input on this particular model as my purpose would be to unlock the phone due to my travels.
    Thanks to any help!!
    Cheers!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Which calendar widget did you use in your article....section where you show a screen shot of it being resized? I tried them all and cant get them to resize...other widgets resize but not those darn calendar ones....driving me insane...thanks

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

Default Re: 18 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

The Epic 4G Touch looks like a real monster of a phone, especially compared to my current entry-level LG Optimus S. The Optimus really hasn't been that bad a phone, but I have to admit its limitations can be aggravating at times. As it happens my carrier is offering me chance to upgrade to the Galaxy at no cost--other than having to sign on for another two years. Well, why not. I'm happy with the service and this is a killer device I can have delivered to my door for just the sales tax.

ETA: Seeing that the Galaxy doesn't have the stylus capable screen and only 1G RAM instead of the 2G as I initially misread it, maybe it's not a killer or a monster. But still, much better than what I have now.
    Last edited by Dark Penguin; 01-22-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Not sure what you mean "stylus capable"? I use a stylus all the time on mine?

As for 1gb,it has been plenty and I run 3-4 apps at a time especially while in the car dock.

Now... I'm on Boost pre paid. There is talk of the GS2/E4GT reaching end of life soon. If I were on contract I'd be looking at the GS3,especially for something I'm locked into for another 2 years.

Sent from my Samsung GS2 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234