25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: 20 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

As much as I'd love one...is there any way of getting it without paying an absurd $80 a month (before taxes) for it? Like, are there some "hidden" Sprint plans you can get at a Sprint store or something?

Reactions: milominderbinde

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

As much as I'd love one...is there any way of getting it without paying an absurd $80 a month (before taxes) for it? Like, are there some "hidden" Sprint plans you can get at a Sprint store or something?
In the Opening Post, See Also:
? Are you getting your 10-28% Sprint EVP Discount? - everyone can get at least 10%

Bepending on your employer, associations, school, etc. You can get at least 10%
just by opening an aol mail account and following that link in the article.

Plus if you are transferring in to Sprint you may be able to a $125 transfer credit.

Reactions: MerpsMom

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Yeah but... is it better than the Pre? I mean, it doesn't have cards.
You are funny. Yes, to a true Pre lover, the Palm Pre was the finest phone that will ever be created. It came with a free Unicorn! I still have a Pre just to be able to have the free Unicorn.

Seriously, there are many still coming over from Palm, see the Palm User's Guide to Android for how to do cards, synergy, multitasking, notifications, etc.

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

In the Opening Post, See Also:
Are you getting your 10-28% Sprint EVP Discount? - everyone can get at least 10%

Bepending on your employer, associations, school, etc. You can get at least 10%
just by opening an aol mail account and following that link in the article.

Plus if you are transferring in to Sprint you may be able to a $125 transfer credit.

10% would only cover tax in my state, I'm currently unemployed (applying everywhere, especially places I know offer Sprint discounts), and out of school (and can't afford to go back). Even under a combined discount of 30% (which I don't even know if I could ever get), that 's still $64 a month compared to the $50 I could pay with T-Mobile (not including discounts I could get with them). That's why I was asking if there are any non-listed plans, I'd need something cheaper off the bat.

And actually, other than the Exynos chip, is there any other difference between the Sprint and T-Mobile GSII? Because I'm pretty sure the dual-core Snapdragon should suffice for my needs (I don't game on my Android devices, for one), unless Exynos has something about it that makes it really worthwhile.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

...And actually, other than the Exynos chip, is there any other difference between the Sprint and T-Mobile GSII?...
If you are on T-Mobile and happy, stay there. They will have the Samsung Galaxy S II as well and their prices are great like Sprint's.

Now it looks like you will not get sucked into AT&T so all will be good. Otherwise your price would have doubled and your unlimited option would be gone.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I got My Epic 4G Touch! It is SO much faster than my EVO, I could not believe it. It locks in signal so much better. The colors are so vivid. It is so much smaller in my pocket that the EVO. The screen is so much brighter. Wow. Just wow.

I'm also coming over from the EVO. The switch from HTC Sense to Touch Wiz takes some getting used to. I've had to ask my wife, who has the original Epic, for help with apps and menus. This thing has the speed of a personal computer!

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

This phone is so crazy cool!

Some other "little" feature that I have found nice is:
~Separate browser brightness then the rest of the phone. press menu in browser.
~You can reposition the time on the lock screen settings>display>screen display
~You can adjust the screen hue. settings>display>screen mode> then you can choose dynamic, movie, or standard.
~3 finger touch in the browser snaps zoom all the way out
~You can adjust the soft key backlight time out. (very little thing but few phones have it)
~And folders in the app drawer.

Also I know Milo mentioned using Kies Air to wirelessly sync but i was amazed that with it you could view your phone log, view contacts, and even SEND sms message right from your PC/MAC. With no PC/MAC app/client!

Way to go Milo and all those who help this is an AWESOME thread.

Reactions: MerpsMom

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

ok now that thats done......I can't find the Reader Hub my phone has the media hub and social hub but no reader hub like what is pictured on the OP.

Anyone else?

Side note my phone was set to spanish in the language when i got it; no buddy flipping me the bird though.

EDIT: Just watch a video review of a E4GT and comparing apps to apps on my phone I am also missing the Music Hub? odd.

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

This phone is so crazy cool!

Some other "little" feature that I have found nice is:
~Separate browser brightness then the rest of the phone. press menu in browser.
~You can reposition the time on the lock screen settings>display>screen display
~You can adjust the screen hue. settings>display>screen mode> then you can choose dynamic, movie, or standard.
~3 finger touch in the browser snaps zoom all the way out
~You can adjust the soft key backlight time out. (very little thing but few phones have it)
~And folders in the app drawer...
Wow. Thanks! I added them all under Customization!

And you don't even need root!

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Seriously.... This phone? LEGIT!!! Kies Air is really sexy, as is the Super Amoled Screen, not to mention battery life! I bought the Epic 4G back in April, switched to 3VO in June and now I'm rockin the Epic Touch 4G! I'm telling you, this phone is probably going to stay in my pocket for quite some time! :eek:

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
This post makes me wish I could switch to Sprint. I know Verizon is getting some flavor of GS2, but it's still in rumor mode, so it's hard to get excited about.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I finally got around to playing with the camera today, and the amount of features you can access is mindboggling. The coolest feature is that you can have shortcuts to your 4 most used features to the dock area (I have Flash, Picture mode, Focus, and Scene). And it has a macro mode that works really well. The macro mode is really helpful for work -- if I need to take a picture of a serial number or MAC address from device, macro mode is perfect for the job.

And even though there is no shutter button, the ET has a double detent shutter -- touch and hold to fix focus and exposure, then let go to take the picture with practically zero lag. This is the touch equivalent of a two step shutter.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Seriously.... This phone? LEGIT!!! Kies Air is really sexy, as is the Super Amoled Screen, not to mention battery life! I bought the Epic 4G back in April, switched to 3VO in June and now I'm rockin the Epic Touch 4G! I'm telling you, this phone is probably going to stay in my pocket for quite some time! :eek:

Me too. I love how well it is built. All my Motorola devices had light leaks! Even my Bionic. If I held my Bionic at an angle, the upper left screen let light through from the back lit panel, and as always, the bottom rim by the buttons would to (mind you these are extreme viewing angles, and under normal viewing, the Bionic had no light leaks, finally moto "almost.") The Sammy has ZERO light leaks, and that helps the screen look so brilliant no matter the light or angle.

Verizon wont let my family members in on unlimited data, so I said goodby! I am loving Sprint, and little things are showing that make me happy. I love being able to remove bloat without having to destroy my warranty. I am on Sprints hotspot and data is fast here, and reliable (more so that the 5 times I had to reboot the Bionic to restore data at school with no avail)

Even if a phone comes out with 2millimeters more screen and .300Mhz more processes or a few more pixels I could so care less you know? This phone makes me so happy. The GPU acceleration is out of this world smooth on the web with flash. I love how flash stays steady rolling, while I am scrolling ha ha lmao! Yup, this will keep me content for quite some time, and definitely through this holiday season!

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This is such a great featured phone but Samsung had to fail us on the lone major feature that we use the "smartphone" for.....SIGNAL STRENGHT....The phone is only fast as its internet connection as almost 90% of applications use the internet. It is a widely known and accepted problem that this particular device is an EPIC FAIL when it comes to gaining a usuable signal that is strong. Sprint has acknowledged the problem and is supposedly coming up with a "fix" for this. My hopes are that it can be fixed through an update and this is not the fault of Samsung's decision to use the exact same antennas that the Nexus 4g had in order to save on cost. If the phone is fixed through software then I can declare it a great product, however, as it stands it is a major FAIL!!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Epic win for me! Especially after the update!

I do miss the bouncing menus. Its gonna take a while to get used to the blue fade!

RICMS

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
G'day,
I am glad to join this worthy group of such knowledgeable users who are of such a keen and emphatic nature! ::)))
I have used the HTC Desire for the last year and just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic (Sprint) and am wondering if other owners of the phone could answer some questions regarding the discovery of the IMEI. The usual approach is to input *#06# but I understand that only the MEID appears on this phone after the key input. Could someone confirm a key input on this particular model as my purpose would be to unlock the phone due to my travels.
Thanks to any help!!
Cheers! :)

diff#WN

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Which calendar widget did you use in your article....section where you show a screen shot of it being resized? I tried them all and cant get them to resize...other widgets resize but not those darn calendar ones....driving me insane...thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7