Getting a Galaxy Note in the States in November. How?

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello to all my Android peeps, I have a question. I am currently on Sprint, with the EVO 4G, I was going to get the Samsung Epic Touch (Samsung Galaxy SII) until I saw the announcement for the Galaxy Note. My question is, once this phone is released in Europe, or South Africa, or wherever it’ll premier, how do I go about purchasing the phone and using it here in the States? I know this will be a costly venture, but the Galaxy Note is really the most innovative phone that is pushing me to upgrade to something new and viable. I know there were people that had the Galaxy SII in the States back in May, a few months before it was offically released here, so I’m assuming the process would be the same for the Galaxy Note? Which I believe consisted of swapping out a slim card, and replacing it with a compatible US carrier. Is that right? Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The International Galaxy SII was built with GSM radios that are compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile's networks. Most people chose to activate their imported GSIIs on AT&T since you could still get 3G+ data, while you are limited to 2G on T-Mobile due to some band incompatibilities.

I'd imagine it would similarly with the Galaxy Note. You have to find an online retailer who has imported them like Newegg or Amazon, pay full retail price, then take it to an AT&T store and activate it on their network.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The International Galaxy SII was built with GSM radios that are compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile's networks. Most people chose to activate their imported GSIIs on AT&T since you could still get 3G+ data, while you are limited to 2G on T-Mobile due to some band incompatibilities.

I'd imagine it would similarly with the Galaxy Note. You have to find an online retailer who has imported them like Newegg or Amazon, pay full retail price, then take it to an AT&T store and activate it on their network.
@ JayWill72: Thanks, man. I'm sure this whole process is going to cost me a pretty penny.