Anyone leaving Sprint for the S2 ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I heard that ATT will be selling their Galaxy S2 for $99 for new subscribers on a 2yr contract. Tempted to leave Sprint and go there.

I am looking to leave Sprint, because their service just blows lately, download speeds on 3G of 200k/sec, and 4G speeds are maybe 2mb/sec if you can even lock onto a signal for than a few minutes, and 4G WiMax kills my battery. And Sprint for me is even worse indoors, almost non working inside.

No wonder Sprint has unlimited data, it will take a full 30days to ever download anything.

For reference I am on a Nexus-S 4G in the Chicago_land area. I had the EVO 4G before that, it was better on the network but not much, and still terrible indoors.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
hehe on ATT & Verizon it will take you a week to hit that 2GB cap pick your poison.
Sprint Network upgrade is in progress should be pretty tight 2nd Q 2012 & GSII will take well to it due to radio frequency compatibility

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
You get what you pay for! Verizon is fast, but you damn sure pay for that speed as compared to Sprint! I just have a hard time justifying an additional $30+ per line for the extra speed.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Where i live luckily sprint has great coverage. my 3g is just as fast as att, and my 4g speeds kill on att speeds. also sprint is much cheaper.

depends where u live i guess, if u are getting horrible speeds and dont think u will use more than 2gb data then its worth it for you.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
You get what you pay for! Verizon is fast, but you damn sure pay for that speed as compared to Sprint! I just have a hard time justifying an additional $30+ per line for the extra speed.
Don't forget about Verizon 10.00 for every GB over 2gb cap.
If I went with them my bill would be through the roof like 60 to 70.00 a month data use oh and I would be missing out of the best device available - GSII :)

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Where i live luckily sprint has great coverage. my 3g is just as fast as att, and my 4g speeds kill on att speeds. also sprint is much cheaper.

Same here except for 4G its not currently available in my area no big deal though.
I'm happy rocking unlimited fast 3G

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Good points, my main beef is indoors, but I suppose any carrier could have that same problem ? I just need a booster or AirWave thing in my house ? I try running YouTube videos for my young daughter and they all freeze or stop, very rare to get through one full video without it pausing for awhile.

I also need a new WiFi router in my house, my D-Link version is known to be trouble and the worst.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Good points, my main beef is indoors, but I suppose any carrier could have that same problem ?
yep maps don't tell the full story.

I just need a booster or AirWave thing in my house ? I try running YouTube videos for my young daughter and they all freeze or stop, very rare to get through one full video without it pausing for awhile.

I also need a new WiFi router in my house, my D-Link version is known to be trouble and the worst.
Give them a call request Airwave due to signal issue.
They will provide hardware & service free of charge 99.9% of the time.

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Good points, my main beef is indoors, but I suppose any carrier could have that same problem ? I just need a booster or AirWave thing in my house ? I try running YouTube videos for my young daughter and they all freeze or stop, very rare to get through one full video without it pausing for awhile.

Sprint Community: I just got a free Airave and service!

Just call that number in the thread. Be polite and say you have poor signal inside your house. I got the Airave and service for free. I'm getting full bars inside now.

After you get it, be sure to log into Sprint.com and lock down your Airave to your own cell phone #s so your neighbors can't leech off your bandwidth :p

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I would go att. If the network works then it works. You shouldn't have to wait for a promise that it will get better. If you can't even use the phone in your own home what's the point.

leopard2lx

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is garbage just like their prices.
Kudos to the Department of Justice for blocking their merger with T-Mobile. Lets hope it stays that way.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think my best bet would be to get an AirWave, and also a new WiFi router for my home network, I think those two things would make my future Galaxy S2 smoking fast.

Outside of my house area the service is pretty good, very rarely drop calls in my town.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think my best bet would be to get an AirWave, and also a new WiFi router for my home network, I think those two things would make my future Galaxy S2 smoking fast.

Outside of my house area the service is pretty good, very rarely drop calls in my town.

That sounds like a winner to me! ;)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Community: I just got a free Airave and service!

Just call that number in the thread. Be polite and say you have poor signal inside your house. I got the Airave and service for free. I'm getting full bars inside now.

After you get it, be sure to log into Sprint.com and lock down your Airave to your own cell phone #s so your neighbors can't leech off your bandwidth :p

So you have to hook the Airave up to your home broadband? Did ur data improve too or just call quality?

thanx,

BTC

Thunder82

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So you have to hook the Airave up to your home broadband? Did ur data improve too or just call quality?

thanx,

BTC

Your airave would have similar distance limitations that your Wifi router would, so ideally you'd be connected to your wifi for data. With that said, yes, your 3G data will be quicker...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20