Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Speed to 6:24.

  2. #2  
    jfenton's Avatar

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Are you talking about the fact that the reviewer says MOTO is better?

    Where do you people come from with your big words like ABYSMAL relative to something some twerp reviewer says? You gotta be paid for this crap or paranoid as hell...or a little kid.

    In our house, side by side when I was trying the Photon (all 3 of them), same exact signal as my wife's EPIC.

    So....stop wetting your pants and being an alarmist over nothing. Do yourself a favor and comment once you know something to be a fact based on your own experience. It will make you sound just a bit more grown up.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    Are you talking about the fact that the reviewer says MOTO is better?

    Where do you people come from with your big words like ABYSMAL relative to something some twerp reviewer says? You gotta be paid for this crap or paranoid as hell...or a little kid.

    In our house, side by side when I was trying the Photon (all 3 of them), same exact signal as my wife's EPIC.

    So....stop wetting your pants and being an alarmist over nothing. Do yourself a favor and comment once you know something to be a fact based on your own experience. It will make you sound just a bit more grown up.
    Be easy on the poor chap, slugger.
  4. #4  
    jfenton's Avatar

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Actually I was. I swear posts like this must come from paid shills.......does it really warrant the word "abysmal" based upon something they don't know for themselves to be true?

    Perhaps they are just headline / attention grabbers / alarmists by their genes....or paid shills.
  5. #5  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    He talks about 4G sleeping because it gave up trying to find signal? I don't he knows about 4G on Sprint. I have full bar and when not in use my 4G sleeps because im not using it. I like the video, but on mute.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    Are you talking about the fact that the reviewer says MOTO is better?

    Where do you people come from with your big words like ABYSMAL relative to something some twerp reviewer says? You gotta be paid for this crap or paranoid as hell...or a little kid.

    In our house, side by side when I was trying the Photon (all 3 of them), same exact signal as my wife's EPIC.

    So....stop wetting your pants and being an alarmist over nothing. Do yourself a favor and comment once you know something to be a fact based on your own experience. It will make you sound just a bit more grown up.
    Are you a child? Or just a fanboy? I ask a question about your beloved phone and you get angry! LOL. I have the Nexus S. Maybe you should read up on it! And this phone has the same wifi and 4g radios! If you had my phone. You'd be a tad worried also!!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post
    Are you a child? Or just a fanboy? I ask a question about your beloved phone and you get angry! LOL. I have the Nexus S. Maybe you should read up on it! And this phone has the same wifi and 4g radios! If you had my phone. You'd be a tad worried also!!
    Some people just cannot accept it when others find fault with their dream phones. LOL.
  8. #8  
    evansgw's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Wifey has the NS4G and her signal isn't great. I think it actually got worse after they tried to fix it. Disappointed the E4GT has the same radios.

    I hope they learnt from that experience... Probably too much to expect!
  9. #9  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    356 Posts
    Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    He talks about 4G sleeping because it gave up trying to find signal? I don't he knows about 4G on Sprint. I have full bar and when not in use my 4G sleeps because im not using it. I like the video, but on mute.
    Its ironic in the video the photon is showing the unable to connect to 4G icon in the notification bar in that video as she says it.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Sprint's Galaxy S2 uses the same radio as the Nexus-S 4G which sucks I hope the WiFi chip is different in the S2 compared to the N-S ?

    My Wife and I both have the Nexus-S 4G, and indoors this phone is useless without a good WiFi connection, but voice calls drop a lot inside, and even WiFi drops signal a lot more than my EVO 4G ever did.

    3G download speeds in the Chicago are are a joke, on average I get 200k/sec downloads with full bars. 4G if I can lock onto a signal for more than few minutes might be 3mb/sec, but it just kills the battery. Forget about watching YouTube clips, it never stays on.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

    HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Ugh these discussions are getting old. The phone comes out tomorrow. Give it a couple weeks and read up on user experiences about signal strength. Your question should be answered definitively by then. Until that time, all of this is just hot air spewing from our keyboards.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Well we do know if it shares the same radio as the Nexus-S 4G which is known to have poor signal and bad connection. Sure the update helped bit it still far worse than the Motorola Photon
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post
    Speed to 6:24.

    MAN ... look how washed out the screen appears on the HTC Sensation compared to the SAMOLED Plus screen in this video. That's pretty wild!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    GSII wont bake chocolate chip cookies.
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    GSII wont bake chocolate chip cookies.
    Doh! I better go change the light bulb on my Easy-Bake Oven then.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Doh! I better go change the light bulb on my Easy-Bake Oven then.
    Ok ok you got me Jay but I'm sure you didn't know that GSII cant play this video due screen resolution.



    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  17. #17  
    nkd
    nkd is offline
    nkd's Avatar

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    I have the photon but you can blame sprint service for all these issues. I change phones like crazy. I have tried nexus s, it had better 4g speeds than even the evo, in the same room the nexus never disconnected where evo 3d would lose signal left and right. Yes I am saying that the sprint service is very picky. I mean you can expect evo 3d to work great outdoors but the nexus worked inside my room no problem. The motorola does hold 4g signal better, I recently moved and the evo 3d doesn't even pick up a signal for 4g where photon does connect. Sprint service is pathetic in some places, you can have best 4g or 3g service the same signal strength, it just seems that the towers cant handle it in some areas. I get .05mb in the new area on 3g and 4g ranges from .75mb to 2mb if I am lucky. 2mb rarely happens.
    At home I can just live on wifi, I can't rely on data service at all at the new location. I think people either would love sprint or hate them depending on where they are. My brothers house is suppose to be in best 4g coverage and the photon doesn't even connect at his house, kinda pathetic. If you ask me I think it is sprint's towers that screw you over not the phone.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    I have the photon but you can blame sprint service for all these issues. I change phones like crazy. I have tried nexus s, it had better 4g speeds than even the evo, in the same room the nexus never disconnected where evo 3d would lose signal left and right. Yes I am saying that the sprint service is very picky. I mean you can expect evo 3d to work great outdoors but the nexus worked inside my room no problem. The motorola does hold 4g signal better, I recently moved and the evo 3d doesn't even pick up a signal for 4g where photon does connect. Sprint service is pathetic in some places, you can have best 4g or 3g service the same signal strength, it just seems that the towers cant handle it in some areas. I get .05mb in the new area on 3g and 4g ranges from .75mb to 2mb if I am lucky. 2mb rarely happens.
    At home I can just live on wifi, I can't rely on data service at all at the new location. I think people either would love sprint or hate them depending on where they are. My brothers house is suppose to be in best 4g coverage and the photon doesn't even connect at his house, kinda pathetic. If you ask me I think it is sprint's towers that screw you over not the phone.
    Man oh man.
    Ive been with Sprint 7 years data serivce went down hill after EVO launch due to so many new customers jamming up network.
    A few months ago data service picked up faster then ever in my area due to Network upgrade so relax kick back increased speeds coming your way.
    Network upgrade should be pretty much completed in 2nd Q 2012 putting lack of 3G speed topic to bed
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  19. #19  
    garrettfarnum's Avatar

    Posts
    409 Posts
    ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?



    Can't be that bad, it beat out the Motorola Bionic...even on Sprint's 4G
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Hehe. I guess Wirefly's HQ is located in a strong WiMax area and weak VZW LTE area. WiMax isn't bad if you actually have it where you live, but VZW's LTE speeds crush it on average across the country.
  21. #21  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    I have the photon but you can blame sprint service for all these issues. I change phones like crazy. I have tried nexus s, it had better 4g speeds than even the evo, in the same room the nexus never disconnected where evo 3d would lose signal left and right. Yes I am saying that the sprint service is very picky. I mean you can expect evo 3d to work great outdoors but the nexus worked inside my room no problem. The motorola does hold 4g signal better, I recently moved and the evo 3d doesn't even pick up a signal for 4g where photon does connect. Sprint service is pathetic in some places, you can have best 4g or 3g service the same signal strength, it just seems that the towers cant handle it in some areas. I get .05mb in the new area on 3g and 4g ranges from .75mb to 2mb if I am lucky. 2mb rarely happens.
    At home I can just live on wifi, I can't rely on data service at all at the new location. I think people either would love sprint or hate them depending on where they are. My brothers house is suppose to be in best 4g coverage and the photon doesn't even connect at his house, kinda pathetic. If you ask me I think it is sprint's towers that screw you over not the phone.
    Agree with slingbox. Also you said you just moved . look to see how far from the tower you are now. I don't get super fast speeds but i do know when I'm at my Brothers house i'm usually on 1x of data . People do like to blame Sprint for a lot of stuff but sometimes we should step back and check our selves. Maybe where you live now it at the far edge of Sprints signal reach. And like slingbox said. they are upgrading there towers and speeds will get better soon. Sorry that your having problems but we can't blam everything on Sprint.
  22. #22  
    nkd
    nkd is offline
    nkd's Avatar

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    Agree with slingbox. Also you said you just moved . look to see how far from the tower you are now. I don't get super fast speeds but i do know when I'm at my Brothers house i'm usually on 1x of data . People do like to blame Sprint for a lot of stuff but sometimes we should step back and check our selves. Maybe where you live now it at the far edge of Sprints signal reach. And like slingbox said. they are upgrading there towers and speeds will get better soon. Sorry that your having problems but we can't blam everything on Sprint.
    dont know if they are upgrading their towers, not that they tell me. My signal strength is the same as the signal strenght that I had before. I downloaded the app from market that tells you where the nearest tower is. I am connected to a tower 1344m from me, it is not that far on the map. My speeds are terrible though, I mean down right slow. I cant break 50kb on 3g and half a meg on 4g if that is possible.

    I am not on the edge by any means. Last time I called they said nothing about towers being upgraded, to them everything is fine in my area and there is no work going on. I am not complaining I am usually happy but I would love to rely on my phone if my internet goes down at home, which happened today for 2 hours. Well they have me for another year and a half, so if they arn't able to finish by then I would sadly have to lose my unlimited data.
    Last edited by nkd; 09-15-2011 at 05:45 PM.
  23. #23  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    I didn't realize the GSII uses the same radios as the Nexus S...well, that certainly rules out it as an option. The 'phone' functionality is very weak on my Nexus, I was hoping for improvement. It will be interesting to see if the Nexus Prime uses the same radio too....
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I didn't realize the GSII uses the same radios as the Nexus S...well, that certainly rules out it as an option. The 'phone' functionality is very weak on my Nexus, I was hoping for improvement. It will be interesting to see if the Nexus Prime uses the same radio too....
    Out of curiosity, where is everyone reading that this has the same radio? Even if true, that does not mean software/firmware has evolved to make all the difference. Most folks (engadget included) have only mentioned great reception and call clarity.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I didn't realize the GSII uses the same radios as the Nexus S...well, that certainly rules out it as an option. The 'phone' functionality is very weak on my Nexus, I was hoping for improvement. It will be interesting to see if the Nexus Prime uses the same radio too....
    Well, here's what Engadget's reviewer had to say about it ...

    Our calls were absolutely solid. The phone's reception is on par with the best handsets around, and we never suffered from dropped calls or degraded quality. Our calls came in absolutely clear, and we think the speakers go to 11 because we had to actually turn down the volume to comfortably hear the other end of the line.
    For what it's worth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B