How many will wait to buy due to Sprint policy changes?

Will you buy the E4GT now or wait a few weeks?

• Total voters

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that Sprint has announced they're killing the Premier program, jacking up the ETF and most importantly, dropping the return period to 14 days, how many people are going to wait closer to the "big announcement" to make a decision? I believe the iPhone announcement is set for 21 days after the release.

Also, kudos to any members who managed to score the E4GTs early (whether in-store or via delivery) who will be grandfathered in to the old policies for now.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Might wait it out, where's the fire that I have to have the S2 right now today, it will still be there next month, curious to at least see spec's on the iPhone5. I am no iPhone fan, only owned the first generation, and liked it a lot at the time, but have since moved on to the Nexus-One, then the EVO 4G, and now the Nexus-S 4G, but getting a little bored with Android. But the S2 has peaked my interest as the top dog #1 Android phone on the market.

But I will wait until I see the true details on the iPhone5. If it has a 4" or larger screen...Widgets...super thin with great battery life...on Sprint...can be jailbreaked right away...I might go back to Apple.

alanjgarcia

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Might wait it out, where's the fire that I have to have the S2 right now today, it will still be there next month, curious to at least see spec's on the iPhone5. I am no iPhone fan, only owned the first generation, and liked it a lot at the time, but have since moved on to the Nexus-One, then the EVO 4G, and now the Nexus-S 4G, but getting a little bored with Android. But the S2 has peaked my interest as the top dog #1 Android phone on the market.

But I will wait until I see the true details on the iPhone5. If it has a 4" or larger screen...Widgets...super thin with great battery life...on Sprint...can be jailbreaked right away...I might go back to Apple.

The only thing you are waiting for are the hardware specs for the iphone 5. IOS5 has been no secret and most of the new features are already out there. So far the only thing worth mentioning is the iCloud integration. Everything else, they ripped (Notifications, status drop down....) I am no fanboy, but I cannot go back to the simplicity that is IOS. =/

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sprint lost a couple of it's benefits over the other carriers, but its plans are still well priced within the Big 4 and they're still the only carrier with true unlimited data for new customers. The stricter policies don't affect me much, and the Premier program had already been butchered to the point where it was barely a benefit.

The big thing for me is unlimited data. I'm not a huge data user, but I also hate caps on internet data. It's way to easy to hit those caps with streaming media services these days, and with the cloud on the rise, I don't want to be constrained by caps if my usage habits change. I get good coverage and good enough data speeds at a competitive price. I'll be renewing a 2yr contract tomorrow when my E4GT arrives.

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The only thing you are waiting for are the hardware specs for the iphone 5. IOS5 has been no secret and most of the new features are already out there. So far the only thing worth mentioning is the iCloud integration. Everything else, they ripped (Notifications, status drop down....) I am no fanboy, but I cannot go back to the simplicity that is IOS. =/

I've had 3 iPhones before the EVO and have no desire to go back. iOS is TOO restrictive for my daily use.

Having said that I still have non-phone iOS devices for entertainment apps, because there is just a better selection.

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Does the new return policy go into effect tomorrow or 10/2. I am still planning on a new phone this weekend since my eco is on it's last legs

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So if we preorder online , today (15th) being the last day before the new implement changes, we have a 30day window to return the Epic Touch were if we go into sprint tomorrow (16th) we have 14days? Im assuming this is why there were no sprint pre orders for the Epic Touch, they want everyone picking/signing it up on the 16th under the new policy changes.

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was just told online my number with my Airrave is technically eligible for upgrade, and said I could buy the phone for that number and switch it over to my actual cell phone number.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I could careless about the iphone 5 & I had already planned on paying full price for the Nexus Prime if it dropped sometime i the near future...

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I was just told online my number with my Airrave is technically eligible for upgrade, and said I could buy the phone for that number and switch it over to my actual cell phone number.

Think you'll be disappointed when you go to try and upgrade. I was told this before but when you go in and actually try to upgrade it doesnt allow it.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Z you've postings have been all over the place in this forum on this device.
I'm getting it , I'm not getting it , cant wait , can wait back and forth oh & I'm thinking about ATT version etc

Just buy it stop trying to talk yourself out of it lol

revinger

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a sprint customer, until about 5 years ago. I probably would still be except that i am in what amounts to a 15 mile interstate black hole. Their maps have always claimed this area as full 3g hi speed coverage, except it isnt. I can go 7 miles east or 7 miles west and get a great evdo signal with a sprint/virgin data card. But my immediate area and the town they have never been able to get anything but 1x.

Called support more times than can remember to be told it should be working. So i gave up and swithed to a carrier that fully covered my area.

Luckliy grandfathered in to unlites with my current phone unlimited data with one of the other expensive big carriera

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Z you've postings have been all over the place in this forum on this device.
I'm getting it , I'm not getting it , cant wait , can wait back and forth oh & I'm thinking about ATT version etc

Just buy it stop trying to talk yourself out of it lol

Haha there's a few people in this forum that are like that. This process can be a bit of a roller coaster if you're on the fence about it. For people without globs of disposable income laying around, this is basically a 2 year decision that isn't always easy to make. Yes you can always EBay it and pay full retail for something else, but that often times still results in a certain amount of additional expense.

Anyhoo, new devices and technology are rolling out so fast now I can understand those that are having trouble pulling the trigger.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If anything the policy changes make me want to buy the phone even more. As long as we have unlimited data there's no other option, and since I have to use my Premier Gold upgrade by the end of the year I don't see any other phone that will beat out the E4GT on Sprint. If the Prime is coming it'll be late to the party on Sprint and too late for my upgrade. The iPhone isn't an option for me because despite the hardware we already know what it will bring to the table, and what it won't (Wimax iPhone? HA! Yeah right).

On a slight side note, I was able to play with an E4GT at my sprint store today. They had a floor unit fresh out of the box and I've got to say it was spectacular. I didn't do too much with it because the screen would time out and ask for a store ID code and password every 30 seconds, but the feel, build quality, and snappiness (of the home screen) were the best I've seen for any Samsung phone, especially my current OG Epic. HTC and Apple's metal cases are admittedly nicer, but you won't find a plastic phone that feels more well constructed than this puppy, and the guts are second to none right now.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Your return window doesn't start until you activate the phone... So even if you buy it today it won't be activated until tomorrow and that is when the changes take place and that is when your return window of 14 days starts...