1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Try my luck at BestBuy

I am going to stop into BestBuy today to see if me returning my NS4G for "something" new will get the mobile guys to give me the phone a day ahead. I'm going to play real dumb and ask if there is ANYTHING new coming from Sprint that could take its place. Easy for me because BestBuy is 5 min away.

Any odds on me pulling it off

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Default Re: Try my luck at BestBuy

I can't speculate on your odds but thats more or less my plan as well. I've been calling them at the store for a week or so and no one at Best Buy Mobile seems to know if they'll have the phone on friday or not. They gave me their business card so friday when I get off work I'll just give them a call again. I only have until next Weds to return my Photon so worst case I'll just go back to my Palm Pre until BBM gets the ET4G in stock.

i stopped by yesterday, they told me they have not even got an email about the GSII yet....no bueno

Good luck! But they may not even have them in stock. Best Buy seems pretty hit and miss on this release.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

I called my local Best Buy yesterday and they said they'd definitely have them in stock and priced at $199. So if I decide to make my purchase tomorrow, I'll be outside there at 10 am when they open.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I keep hearing that BestBuys are not going to have them at launch but then I get reports that people have confirmed it. I am leaning towards them having it because those guys lie/are uneducated about what is actually going to happen, besides BestBuy's logo is right on the SGSE4GT website at the bottom. I always laugh at the commercial about BestBuy Mobile and how they are so helpful and are up to date on the latest Smartphone technology. Before I left Verizon the white Incredible2 was coming to BestBuy exclusively. I stopped in that Friday before is was going to land at their stores and the mobile manager told me outright "I have no knowledge of that phone and I know everything going on for the next two weeks, at least". That was after I showed him the cover pictures that AC had of their Mobile Buyers Guide magazine. I don't get why people HAVE to appear to know more than someone else. I was so tempted to go back in and ask the same guy for the phone but I figured I had better things to do than point out someone else's shortcomings. Besides I let Verizon because they royally screwed me after being with them for 10+ years and paying my bill($180) on time every month.

I'm in New York City and I've called basically all around 6 BB's within all boroughs and they all have told me that they have no idea when they'll have them. Some of them did say hopefully 2 days after launch.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
    I am going to stop into BestBuy today to see if me returning my NS4G for "something" new will get the mobile guys to give me the phone a day ahead. I'm going to play real dumb and ask if there is ANYTHING new coming from Sprint that could take its place. Easy for me because BestBuy is 5 min away.

Any odds on me pulling it off
    Here is the thing that people are not understanding...
    They will not sell them early, because

a) this is a very expensive phone for them to take hit in the jaw on.
    b) The new plans (14 day return, etc...) kick in tommorrow as well...
    c) this is all in conjunction with the new iphone's being released next month. They don't want folks to KEEP these phones... and not dish them for iphones...

So even if a store has them in stock.. sprint will not activate them until tommorrow.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I think most of use understand how business works but sometimes you can get lucky with the right sales associate. Worst case is I go back tomorrow and get it. Just thought I would try since I live 5min away.

I have quite a few BB gift cards that I am planning on using to purchase this phone. Does anyone know if they'll price match to the $150 Wal Mart was offering it for? Their website says that they only price match brick and mortar stores so I doubt they will price match Wirefly. Any other places offering the phone for less than $199? Is the Wal Mart price for pre order only?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

If you go into a BestBuy brick store they will only match price's from stores within either a 10 or 25 mile radius. No online price match unless the price is also in store and they have a store within that radius. I am leaning towards the 10 mile distance though.

OMG! So anxious to get this phone tomorrow at 10AM! Coming from a HTC Touch Pro2

JUST spoke to a local BBM rep, they got the phones (EpTouch) in today! Only four (4)!

I asked could I get the phone today, of course, he said, "no"

He could tell how anxious I was, he said he'd hold one for me tomorrow (no more than 1hr), he also gave me info on the rep that will be there at 10am tomorrow. He won't be there til 2:30... those 4 phones would be sold out by then...
    I asked him about price matching walmart for $150...
    He called me back 30minutes after speaking with his manager, and said "as long as I bring the printed ad"
    This great is news!
    My first android and apps/widgets... lol can't wait!

Is there a printed add out there somewhere? Or, will they accept a printed copy of the webpage from my PC?

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

By "printed ad" they don't mean one you print out....they mean hard copy from the local friendly Walmart store....and they aren't offering it for this price in print.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo rising View Post
    Is there a printed add out there somewhere? Or, will they accept a printed copy of the webpage from my PC?
    I think mileage will vary. The regular reps at my best buy can't do squat... but the manager is amazing. She will even bring up wirefly/lets talk on the computer FOR ME to see if she can match it.

I went with Wirefly anyway just because it was no tax.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo rising View Post
    This will probably fall into a grey area with BB, and depend on the manager on duty. BB won't price match internet retailers, but will price match their own website, as well as other brick and mortar retailers that may also have web sales. However, I'm fairly sure that Wal-Mart's deal is online only via letstalk.com. However, if you bring a print-out down to the store that shows the price and Wal-Mart's logo on it, I'd say you have a decent chance at getting a price match. It never hurts to try anyways!

Good luck!

I'm going to go on wal-mart.com as if to preorder the phone... right before I submit my order, that is the screen I'll be printing and taking to BB in the am. With a little luck, politeness, and a smile it should work fine. I have the managers name who said it was cool. But, no, they didnt specify a type of ad... It's always worked with my blu-rays... lol

Just called my Best Buy and they still have not gotten any in stock according to the Mobile sales department. This is one of the highest volume stores in the country.

So many people saying that they know for sure BB is not going to carry it .. or that BB will carry it .. ugh. Just wish I actually did know for sure lol.