Just got the GSII at my local Sprint Store!!!

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont belive u can, but im still looking....
Firstly; congrats on the phone :)

As for the notification light...in almost every picture showing the notification light in pictures (I've seen it blue; and of course along w/ red)...so if it shows 'red' while charging and for new notifications...then what about the 'blue'; what does that indicate? Unless all those still shots that show it 'blue' happened to be taken while the phone is paired w/ a bluetooth device or something.

I guess that's why some are wondering it the notification light color can be changed. If someone can elaborate on the whole 'blue', 'red' thing; it'll be appreciated.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Firstly; congrats on the phone :)

I guess that's why some are wondering it the notification light color can be changed. If someone can elaborate on the whole 'blue', 'red' thing; it'll be appreciated.

Here's what I've been able to deduce so far:

Solid Red = Charging
Solid Blue = Fully Charged (while still on charger)
Blinking Red = Notification (text, email, voicemail)

Reactions: ajm91484

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the notifications are the same as on my wifes Samsung Replenish which I believe for all notifications its red and when the phone is fully charged its blue.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your Samsung Galaxy S2. I'm hoping to pick mine up tomorrow. Radio Shack said they would hold one for me. Any thoughts to give us? Battery life? Temperate when the proc starts working hard? Overall quality of the sound for music? 3G Speeds? Things that drive you nuts? I'm a Photon guy with 10 days till I have to keep my phone. Hoping to calm a few outstanding fears I have.

Thanks!!

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I've been able to deduce so far:

Solid Red = Charging
Solid Blue = Fully Charged (while still on charger)
Blinking Red = Notification (text, email, voicemail)
That's what I've gathered from all the info too...just want to make sure.

I'm pretty sure the notifications are the same as on my wifes Samsung Replenish which I believe for all notifications its red and when the phone is fully charged its blue.
Hmmm; it'd seem more natural if it lit 'green' when fully charged (kind of like 'good to go'; just like how a traffic light indicates). It'd be great if the 'blue' could be changed/assigned to notfications...since the indicator light is obviously capable of multiple colors.

P.S. Btw; this is random and is probably more appropriate for a different thread related to the question (but I suspected it wouldnt hurt adding this in my post...but if I purchased my Blackberry Bold 9930 on August 21st...I still have time to return and exchange it for the S2 right?)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
P.S. Btw; this is random and is probably more appropriate for a different thread related to the question (but I suspected it wouldnt hurt adding this in my post...but if I purchased my Blackberry Bold 9930 on August 21st...I still have time to return and exchange it for the S2 right?)

Yeah man you have 30 days. I'd get down to a store tomorrow though. ;)

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah man you have 30 days. I'd get down to a store tomorrow though. ;)

Ok. Is it one of those no questions asked things? Or is it dependent on their discretion based on what I tell them my reason is? Like can I simply say..."eh; not feeling this Blackberry and want to the S2 now" ?? Because that's really my reason...just not feeling the Blackberry.

The Blackberry is still in the condition as it was brand new; have all the packaging, materials that it came with.

ajm91484

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I am and will be a was after tomorrow a Pre owner myself and it will be my first android. So i'm in the same boat, will be learning how to figure out everything.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
can we see some side by side pics with other devices? i would like to see how that 4.5"+ display sizes up.

thanks and enjoy!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
can we see some side by side pics with other devices? i would like to see how that 4.5"+ display sizes up.

thanks and enjoy!

Here's a Bionic vs. Epic 4G Touch video that Bob at Wirefly did, that I thought showed a nice size comparison for two September 2011 releases ...

Reactions: percyg77

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
hey atomic, by any chance do you know what the full retail price is for the epic from sprint? did you see anything like that, or is it on your receipt?

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I was first in line at a Sprint private store and they told me today that they may not have the phones tomorrow and most likely on Monday. They are offering free screen protectors and 25% off the acessories. My Evo trade in at that store is now worth $85.00 from the $125.00 i was told when i pre ordered on day one.. I said ok, just call me.

Went to the second Sprint store which is a corporate store and i bought the gift card and was told my phone will be available on Friday morning as their shipment will arrive tonight. I mentioned the other store availability and she said it could be true since they are not a corporate store. This store is offering $100.00 for my Evo and my $50.00 gc credit=$150.00. That leaves me with $350.00 for the phone out of contract since i do not qualify for the $199.99 price. May do the $90.00 etf and pay $199.99 price and save money but, lose my number. No biggie to me.

Ian B

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci