Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

I messed up my photon trying my hand at rooting and flashing again to fix the battery issue. So i am now the proud owner of the Epic 4g touch in white.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

I just got mine yesterday coming from the Palm Pre minus. is anyone aware of a way to make the messaging app work similarly to the WebOS one? I like that I could use the same conversation to talk to someone through SMS, Google Chat and other programs. I loved that each contact had a single conversation.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
    Just got mine at Sams Club last night for $48.88 + $36 activation fee. I had a EVO 4G before and I loved that phone. So far, the GS2 seems quite a bit faster and battery life is superior.
    Wow thats pretty cheap.

Mine is supposed to arrive Monday. Lets see if they get it right this time. The Epic arrived today and it pretty much ruined my weekend.

I had a date all planned. I was going to Piece pizza in Chicago. Order some awesome pizza with a few Belgian style beers and program and play with my new Epic touch.

Instead I sat next to a closed box and made ten phone calls followed by crappy grocery store pizza, no beer and no Touch. : ( waah whine much? Ha dont need beer with all this whine.

But Monday. Monday should be good times.

Quote Originally Posted by maluminse View Post
    Wow thats pretty cheap.
    Unfortunately, we went back 2 days later to buy one for my wife (she was afraid it was going to be to big, so she wanted to use mine first) and the price had jumped to $100. Still cheaper than the Sprint store, but we missed out the really good price.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Well Im sorry to hear that. And honestly a bit relieved that I didnt miss out too much.

Ok its 845. I almost want to go to bed so tomorrow will come sooner. lol

They will have got it right this time. I mean I repeated the name like five times to be sure the agent understood "Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch" and not Samsung Epic.

Good times. Ill have to buy a card too. No worries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I messed up my photon trying my hand at rooting and flashing again to fix the battery issue. So i am now the proud owner of the Epic 4g touch in white.
    I ended up getting my E4GT yesterday due to a similar event. I wanted to try out a ROM on my MoPho using bootstrap recovery. Needless to say, the only thing I got out of that was a Photon that only displayed a Motorola logo.....lol

I got it fixed not too long ago due to some heavy internet reading
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I ended up getting my E4GT yesterday due to a similar event. I wanted to try out a ROM on my MoPho using bootstrap recovery. Needless to say, the only thing I got out of that was a Photon that only displayed a Motorola logo.....lol

I got it fixed not too long ago due to some heavy internet reading
    Thats the exact thing that happened to me. Except that i couldnt get mine fixed.

Sent from my Epic White Touch.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Zedomax posts that Motorola are the worst to root. Id even say not to do it at all.

Its here. Right next to me. I even went on a date with my phone. wtf is wrong w me. lol I went to pizza place on a Monday night and had a few beers. And downloaded and tweeked and downloaded. Still tweeking.

Love this phone. Im in awe. Cant believe I have it.

It keeps trying to update. Is it ics trying to get in? Should I let it??? I dk.

Zedomax posts that Motorola are the worst to root. Id even say not to do it at all.

Its here. Right next to me. I even went on a date with my phone. wtf is wrong w me. lol I went to pizza place on a Monday night and had a few beers. And downloaded and tweeked and downloaded. Still tweeking.

I notice to that the update keeps nagging but i havent accepted yet

Rooting the Photon to get wifi tether wasn't bad at all, unlocking is the issue.....lol

I'm so glad I have the E4GT right now though, it's an awesome phone!! I spent all day yesterday setting it up to my liking

Rooting the Photon to get wifi tether wasn't bad at all, unlocking is the issue.....lol

I'm so glad I have the E4GT right now though, it's an awesome phone!! I spent all day yesterday setting it up to my liking
    The phone is pretty sick.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

It is pretty awesome. Minor complaints. Cant clear my homescreen theres always those four on the bottom.

Also widgets that come stock are few. I like the messaging widget on my evo. But those are minor complaints which can be cured by rooting and downloading apps.

Other than that awesome. Excellent quality photos and video. Smooth as butter. Always amazed to see 300 plus ram free.

edit:
    So if anyone takes the plunge and updates let me know if its ics. I kinda wanna hear from xda that its not going to make rooting impossible If I update. Updated my htc and it was a pain in the ***. Dont know if I will root just want the option.

It is pretty awesome. Minor complaints. Cant clear my homescreen theres always those four on the bottom.

Also widgets that come stock are few. I like the messaging widget on my evo. But those are minor complaints which can be cured by rooting and downloading apps.

Other than that awesome. Excellent quality photos and video. Smooth as butter. Always amazed to see 300 plus ram free.

edit:
    So if anyone takes the plunge and updates let me know if its ics. I kinda wanna hear from xda that its not going to make rooting impossible If I update. Updated my htc and it was a pain in the ***. Dont know if I will root just want the option.
    When I set my phone up yesterday, it had a few updates to go through and neither of them were for ICS

I'm on OS version 2.3.6 (EL29). I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to.

Don't do it !!!!

"I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to."

See the Social and Media Hub applications running all the time? That was enough for me. I have no idea if they actually took memory, battery, or CPU cycles- I just can't stand to have unnecessary crp running if I have no intention of ever using it.

I went from the evo3d to the photon to the Samsung galaxy and all I can say is that I am truly happy

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

When I set my phone up yesterday, it had a few updates to go through and neither of them were for ICS

I'm on OS version 2.3.6 (EL29). I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to.
    Same here. Saw an article that said Samsung was rolling out ics. So I gave in and updated and wth! Just a lame regular update.

Oh well. I also dont see a need to root yet, though the camera is lacking, in options not quality.
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Quote Originally Posted by burrrton View Post
    "I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to."

See the Social and Media Hub applications running all the time? That was enough for me. I have no idea if they actually took memory, battery, or CPU cycles- I just can't stand to have unnecessary crp running if I have no intention of ever using it.
    That's exactly what I've been thinking, but I haven't rooted it just yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I actually went ahead and rooted my E4GT yesterday, I couldn't help myself

I actually went ahead and rooted my E4GT yesterday, I couldn't help myself
    What method did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    What method did you use?

Followed video, it linked to all the files needed and shows you how to install everything.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Unrooted

This is why I should of got my E4GT -- easy to root and tinker. One CAN perfect perfection!
    Sprint MOTO Photon 4G
    Stock Pure
    Follow Me! @misterkayjee :: KIK realkriswithak

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkChic View Post
    I went from the evo3d to the photon to the Samsung galaxy and all I can say is that I am truly happy
    I took that same route! Very happy about my exchange!

I loved the MoPho...but the option to exchange was there. 45 minutes later and $89 later ($54 to cover the difference and $35 restocking [aka BS] fee), I walked out with my new baby. I just need a good name for it...preferably a foreign name. A KOREAN NAME!
    Sprint MOTO Photon 4G
    Stock Pure
    Follow Me! @misterkayjee :: KIK realkriswithak

Congrats to all the newcomers of the epic touch..Excellent phone

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Followed video, it linked to all the files needed and shows you how to install everything.
    Thanks. I used the video and the thread. Fairly straight forward.

How does the e4gt not have lock screen choice or theme choice?