Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #301  

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by maluminse View Post
    Thanks. I used the video and the thread. Fairly straight forward.

How does the e4gt not have lock screen choice or theme choice?
    None of the GS2 variants do. While the lockscreen can seem quite boring, it's appeal is actually how simple it is. It also handles notifications nicely. Although, the lockscreen coming on the ICS Touchwiz build is a nice improvement. Still, if you want the ultimate in lockscreen customization, there's always Widget Locker.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    None of the GS2 variants do. While the lockscreen can seem quite boring, it's appeal is actually how simple it is. It also handles notifications nicely. Although, the lockscreen coming on the ICS Touchwiz build is a nice improvement. Still, if you want the ultimate in lockscreen customization, there's always Widget Locker.
    I've been using WL since my EVO 4G and love it!!
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Ok so rumour was that ics was gonna push out to Touch today, March 1. Anyone? Anyone?

Bueler? Bueler?

Ok so rumour was that ics was gonna push out to Touch today, March 1. Anyone? Anyone?

Bueler? Bueler?
    Where did you hear that rumor?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Where did you hear that rumor?
    I dont remember.

But im running it now.

Its ok. Not anything to do flips about. In fact there are a few minor drawbacks.

Power band doesnt scroll and is now double wide. Lost root on the install.

Sluggish compared to what it was. Page scrolling is choppy.

So do it if you must.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #306  

I dont remember.

But im running it now.

Its ok. Not anything to do flips about. In fact there are a few minor drawbacks.

Power band doesnt scroll and is now double wide. Lost root on the install.

Sluggish compared to what it was. Page scrolling is choppy.

So do it if you must.
    March 1st was the rumored date for the International version of the SGS2. You're running an early unfinished test build that leaked for this phone, and you lost root because you flashed the full unrooted TAR. ICS for our phone will likely improve between today and whenever it's officially released.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    March 1st was the rumored date for the International version of the SGS2. You're running an early unfinished test build that leaked for this phone, and you lost root because you flashed the full unrooted TAR. ICS for our phone will likely improve between today and whenever it's officially released.
    How to get root back? If install rooted tar (tar = rom?) will i have ics with root?

How to get root back? If install rooted tar (tar = rom?) will i have ics with root?
    What build are you running? I flashed a rooted version of FB27 via Odin last night but didn't keep it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #309  

Well, it depends a bit on where you want your phone to be at this point. It sounds like you're not too thrilled with the ICS build, so if you want to get back to Gingerbread, you can flash sfhub's Odin one-click of the EL29 firmware. If you want to keep the FB27 ICS leak, you can either manually flash SuperUser (strangely stock Android recovery is allowing us to flash unsigned .APKs right now), or better yet, I would just flash sfhub's FB27 Odin one-click ([ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FB27_CL190095 (FB27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers) which is pre-rooted. Then use sfhub's auto tool to inject Team Rogue's FB27 CWM kernel repack ([KERNEL/RECOVERY][ICS] Rogue *Stock FB27* (Updated 3/5/12) - xda-developers) or use Mobile Odin Pro. I don't suggest desktop Odin to flash his kernel because it will increase your Odin flash count (not a big deal but generally a good idea to avoid if you can) and trigger the yellow boot triangle that is a visual eyesore.

Had connectivity issues but it's ok. I think the first Epic was better as far as a lot of things are concerned, but at its best, this phone is a beast.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Switched a few days ago from epic 4g. This is def a faster phone...love how thin, yet durable it is. Love the Samsung screens. Just wish it came with a 16GB microSD.

Recently purchased the epic touch. Ended up with a mint quality pre-owned. Light-years beyond my Optimus "starter" android. Though I am annoyed that as of yesterday, when I press the "home" button, it takes me to a blue screened clock with adjustable shortcuts. As I have all my apps organized in folder organizer it adds an extra step to getting to apps, plus if I press the home button to place an app in the background, instead I end up at a clock...
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #313  

Quote Originally Posted by nilkilla View Post
    Recently purchased the epic touch. Ended up with a mint quality pre-owned. Light-years beyond my Optimus "starter" android. Though I am annoyed that as of yesterday, when I press the "home" button, it takes me to a blue screened clock with adjustable shortcuts. As I have all my apps organized in folder organizer it adds an extra step to getting to apps, plus if I press the home button to place an app in the background, instead I end up at a clock...
    This is actually a bug. The screen you're seeing is the dock screen. See if a reboot fixes it. If not, you may want to do a factory reset.

Pressing your home button should be taking you to your home screen like all other Android phones.
    Thanked by:
    nilkilla likes this.

Awesome, restart worked. Thanks for heads up.

Just picked mine up last thursday, it's my first Android phone and i absoloutly love it so far, i need to creep these forums now though and find the coolest stuff to do!

I'm new to smartphones and new to these forums, but my first week with the SII has been awesome. No turning back.
    I have a phone.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Smile Re: Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G!

Hi! I'm new here. I've been using a Palm Pre and just got the 4g Touch. The phone is great. Could someone help with getting my Task List" and "memos" over to the 4g?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hello Droidianopians! Coming from a BB but very happy with my Galaxy SII (or Epic 4GT) & Gingerbread and looking forward to ICE! Like the site and all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Algusod View Post
    Hello Droidianopians! Coming from a BB but very happy with my Galaxy SII (or Epic 4GT) & Gingerbread and looking forward to ICE! Like the site and all the help!
    Welcome to Android!!

Hello! Just bought me and my wife a pair of these and were waiting anxiously to be able to use them! Were military and we have been living in Japan for the last 3+ years and we have been stuck using iphones for that time and were ready to make the switch. These android system looks amazing and I cant wait to start tinkering around!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostnforgotton View Post
    Hello! Just bought me and my wife a pair of these and were waiting anxiously to be able to use them! Were military and we have been living in Japan for the last 3+ years and we have been stuck using iphones for that time and were ready to make the switch. These android system looks amazing and I cant wait to start tinkering around!
    Welcome to Android!!

Being able to tinker with these phones is why I love them so much. The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing these phones

Just got it! so impressed!
    I know I'll be taking from this board at first but hopefully I can give some back one day

I've had my E4GT since November and got it for about as cheap as you can get it for, $.01. Purchased through Amazon as a new Sprint customer and have the everything data plan. Plus I was able to get an additional 12% off each bill due to being a college student.

I love the amazing screen, camera and video captures. Only drawback is battery life, but I use my phone for everything (gps, music, sms, calls, news feed) so my battery is generally at 50% by mid afternoon. All of my friends (iPhone users) love how big and beautiful the screen is and how I have everything synced with my gmail account to work flawlessly.

Officially upgraded to 4G touch! Was using LG Optimus and it was a good phone but I've been wanting an HDPI phone and I just now ordered it! Will be joining this forum now. So excited!

Just picked mine up today. Coming back to Android after a short time with the iPhone 4S. It's good to be back home
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast