Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Got one a.couple of days ago! My first smartphone! ... Also my dream phone! Might upgrade when my contract is up in 2 years.

Just got my White one last night! What an upgrade from the LG Optimus!

I am already sick of the stock launcher though, lol. I'll be switching to Go Launcher or ADW soon.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

I finally broke down and got one... Bought one through Craigslist for cheap, but the data wasn't working, even though the ESN worked. I spent several weeks trying to get it to work but finally the sprint guys said to just use the Asurion coverage, which cost me another 100 bucks. I've finally switched from my Palm Pre. Not totally content yet, but it will do. It's definitely speedy and I've already rooted and am running ICS, which I thought would be like the Nexus, but no, it's got the touchwiz, which I am not totally thrilled at. It will take time, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    I finally broke down and got one... Bought one through Craigslist for cheap, but the data wasn't working, even though the ESN worked. I spent several weeks trying to get it to work but finally the sprint guys said to just use the Asurion coverage, which cost me another 100 bucks. I've finally switched from my Palm Pre. Not totally content yet, but it will do. It's definitely speedy and I've already rooted and am running ICS, which I thought would be like the Nexus, but no, it's got the touchwiz, which I am not totally thrilled at. It will take time, I know.
    What ROM are you running?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

ulch

anyone having problems with this phone?

Quote Originally Posted by joyceface2 View Post
    anyone having problems with this phone?
    Can you be more specific?

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Quote Originally Posted by vdub2174 View Post
    what rom are you running?
    sph-d710.fe16_cl579416

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Hi folks - Sgooter here. Just bought a white E4GT at Sam's - replaces wife's BB Curve. Very impressive phone and at a great price. I have an Android tablet w/ ICS (not rooted), so I'm familiar with the OS basics. She's just starting to figure things out on the E4GT. So, I'm sure we'll have some "how to" questions soon, but we'll search the forum/thread first.
    PTZ

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

My daughter and I decided to get the Epic 4g. So we have two of them in my family and we have enjoyed the learning curve. This is my first smart phone and hers too. I have been following the BlackBerry forums because of my PlayBook and came to this forum from there. So I thought I would chime in and say "Hi! " So far only a couple minor problems, mostly learning the device stuff. Takes great pictures, games play well, YouTube videos look great too.
    PTZ

I have a Epic 4g Touch (not rooted, completely stock) and have been on 2.3.4 Gingerbread for sometime now. Awhile ago I got the prompt to upgrade (I'm guessing 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 by now) but every time I go to update it, it can never make it through the process.

What happens is, it reboots and is unpacking the update and gets about 4/10th's of the way through then gets held up. After about 5 seconds it goes from the unpacking image to the exclamation point inside the yield sign image.

After that, I have to go back to the backed up version and am back to 2.3.4. Can I get the update manually on my SD card and update it that way? I just don't know where to get the update file from..

New to the forums so probably not the right place to put this, but need some help

Purchased a black and white one at the end of July...one for me and wifey.
    I got my ICS update last night and applied this am...so far so good.
    Wife is OOT and she is not sure if it was on her phone this am or not.
    I will see her tonight and do the update if available.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its official, We finally got to replace our defunct LG Optimus S phones with modern phones. Picked up 2 GS2 phones for under $100 with a Spring contract buyout. Yes, its not a GS3, but compared to the Optimus S and with us not getting LTE for what is seemingly will be another year if things go as they have, we couldn't justify spending money we could put to better use elsewhere and just went with the GS2. From all the reviews and tests between the two, I dont think we'll miss it our next upgrade.
    Gregg Schulz
    Waukesha,WI
    Galaxy S2

Congrats on getting your E4GT!!

Smart move on not getting an LTE device yet. Although I absolutely love my Gnex, I miss how fast 4G was on my E4GT.

Finally upgrading from a Palm Pre-. I upgraded from the Sprint website on a Monday, and chose "Reserve in Store". This implied that I could pick it up in the store right away, but, no. ARGGH. And, the phone didn't come in on Tuesday, so now we'll see if it comes in on Wednesday...
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I just got this phone like 2 weeks ago as a replacement for my ns4g and besides missing NFC I love this phone and aosp jb looks good on a 4.5 sa+ screen

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean
    berrydroidapple likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Don't know if I found out or not but u can use sprint id to get stock ICS

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

I know I'm late to the party on this but I'm just so relieved to be done with my Palm Pre!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Dont feel bad i just got one myself just last month

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

Got mine two hours ago from Best Buy.. I went in for the free LG Viper 4G LTE which was showing as being in stock but they couldn't find one.. On the way out I told the wife we'll check Staples which is next door, and one of the big managers overheard us and asked if we found everything okay.

Told him, "not really, but it's not a big deal", he asked us what's wrong and we told him, and he said let's see what we can price match for you... First thing he offered was the Galaxy S2, so I said okay, but I'd prefer the S3 cause it's LTE.. he said he couldn't do that it's too big of a price difference, so I took the S2 and got it knocked down from $99 to free!

So I'm pretty happy.. would have taken the S3 if he'd have let me, in fact I was debating whether to wait until Black Friday when it's on sale for $49.99
    berrydroidapple likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Oh yeah by that time lte is gonna be in effect in the inner city of Chicago and its not limited to new customers either :beer:

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

And f you can't wait til then, it's on sale at Best Buy for $100 on Sunday 14th October only. http://phandroid.com/2012/10/12/veri...s-sunday-only/

A little late, but I have had mine for about 1 month now, and loving it! I came over from an HTC EVO 4G. I would have loved to get the SIII, but since i was still under contract and there is no 4G in my area, I couldn't justify the extra $$ for an off contract SIII. Found a pretty good deal from a local guy who had his for 3 weeks before his company gave him a cell phone to use.

So far I have rooted my phone, but left the stock ROM.

I have had mine for about 6 months now but I finally just rooted it yesterday... So we will call it yesterday.. Thinking about running CM10 on it, will be browsing the forum today to see which one is best to use.

Co-worker of mine just got this on Saturday after upgrading from his Optimus S. So I will be looking over this forum a bit more considering I am pretty much his tech support. He decided on the E4T due to the fact that it was only $49.99 at Best Buy and he liked the overall look of it better than the other devices he was looking at that were in the same price range.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast